The Chicago Cubs (67-84), led by Frank Schwindel on a 10-game hitting streak, will meet the Minnesota Twins (66-85) on Wednesday at Wrigley Field. The Twins are -120 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 7:40 p.m. EST on Marquee Sports. Minnesota’s Joe Ryan gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Kyle Hendricks.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of 11 a.m. Sept. 22. See the table below for current betting odds.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Kyle Hendricks
- Hendricks gets the start for the Cubs, his 31st of the season. He is 14-6 with a 4.81 ERA and 123 strikeouts in 170 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Thursday, the right-hander threw 3 2/3 innings against the Phillies, giving up seven earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Hendricks is trying to collect his 20th quality start of the season in this matchup.
- The Cubs have gone 28-13 in games when the starter goes at least six innings while allowing three or fewer earned runs.
Kyle Hendricks Player Props
Sportsbooks have installed various player props for Kyle Hendricks for this matchup. To bet on these props, choose whether you think he will exceed or fall short of the total that’s been set for various stats for this game, and if you’re right, you’ll win 100 dollars on a 110 dollar bet (based on the -110 moneyline).
|Strikeouts||4.5||Over: -108, Under: -118|
Cubs Hitting Leaders
- Schwindel has been key for Chicago with one home run, three RBI and a batting average of .150 this season.
- Schwindel enters this game on a 10-game hitting streak, during which he’s hitting.
- Ian Happ is batting .223 with an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .430 this season.
- RankSports BookBonusFeaturesPlayUP TO $1,050 FREENew User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.Special for Bets on NFLBet $5 & Win $200$50 Free Bet on DepositUp to $1,000 Deposit BonusTo Claim: Click Play Now
Cubs Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cubs get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
Prop Odds Cubs to Win the First Five Innings -108 Cubs First to Score +108 Cubs First to Score Two Runs +112 Cubs Will Play Extra Innings -1300
Powered By Data Skrive using data from