The Chicago Cubs will look to pick up their 68th win of the season when they take on the Minnesota Twins (65-85) on Tuesday. The game begins at 7:40 PM ET on Marquee Sports, with the Cubs listed as -118 favorites on the moneyline. Alec Mills starts for Chicago while Minnesota will counter with Griffin Jax.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 21, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Alec Mills
- Mills (6-6) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his 18th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 4 2/3 innings against the Phillies, giving up four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- He has started 17 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in four of them.
- They have won 20 of their 50 games this season when striking out 10 or more opposing batters.
Cubs Hitting Leaders
- Frank Schwindel is hitting .150 with a double and a home run.
- Schwindel heads into this matchup on a nine-game hitting streak. During that streak he is batting .390 with four doubles, three home runs, two walks and seven RBIs.
- Ian Happ is batting .221 with 18 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 52 walks.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Happ’s hits and RBI fall outside the MLB leaders.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from