The Philadelphia Phillies (72-72) are -200 favorites when they take on the Chicago Cubs (66-79) on Wednesday at 7:05 p.m. EST. Odubel Herrera has 99 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Citizens Bank Park, live on NBCS-PH. Ranger Suarez starts for Philadelphia while Alec Mills is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 15, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Alec Mills
- Mills gets the start for the Cubs, his 17th of the season. He is 6-6 with a 4.35 ERA and 74 strikeouts in 101 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the right-hander went six innings against the Reds, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- Mills has collected four quality starts this season.
- The Cubs have gone 28-13 in games when the starter puts together a quality start.
Cubs Hitting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 53 while batting .221.
- Happ falls outside of the league leaders in home runs and RBI among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Frank Schwindel has three hits and an OBP of .150 to go with a slugging percentage of .350 this season.
Cubs Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cubs get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Cubs to Win the First Five Innings||+160|
|Cubs First to Score||-122|
|Cubs First to Score Two Runs||+104|
|Cubs Will Play Extra Innings||+850|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from