The Philadelphia Phillies (72-71) are -200 favorites when they meet the Chicago Cubs (65-79) on Tuesday at 6:05 p.m. Odubel Herrera has 98 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Citizens Bank Park, live on NBCS-PH. Kyle Gibson starts for Philadelphia while Chicago will counter with Adrian Sampson.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 14, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cubs probable starting pitcher: Adrian Sampson
- Sampson (0-2) makes the start for the Cubs, his third of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared in relief on Saturday, when he tossed 2/3 innings against the Giants while giving up hits.
- The Cubs are 28-13 in the quality starts recorded by their pitchers.
Cubs hitting leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 52 and has a batting average of .221.
- Happ’s average, hits and home run totals rank outside of the top 25 among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Willson Contreras has 83 hits and an OBP of .326 to go with a slugging percentage of .410 this season.
Cubs team props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cubs get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Cubs to Win the First Five Innings||+152|
|Cubs First to Score||-118|
|Cubs First to Score Two Runs||+126|
|Cubs Will Play Extra Innings||-1800|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from