Bookmakers declined to choose a favorite for Tuesday’s matchup between the Pittsburgh Pirates (58-98) and the Chicago Cubs (67-89), declaring the game a pick’em. The teams will take to the field at 5:35 p.m., live on SportsNet. PT Mitch Keller starts for Pittsburgh while Alec Mills is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of Sept. 28. See the table below for current betting odds.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Alec Mills
- Mills gets the start for the Cubs, his 19th of the season. He is 6-7 with a 4.83 ERA and 82 strikeouts in 110 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Tuesday against the Twins, when he threw four innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Mills has four quality starts under his belt this season.
- The Cubs have gone 13-54 this season in games the team has given up at least two homers.
Cubs Hitting Leaders
- Frank Schwindel has been key for Chicago with one home run, three RBI and a batting average of .150 this season.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 62 while batting .222 with 24 homers.
- Among qualified hitters, Happ does not rank among the top hitters in baseball in the league.
Cubs Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cubs get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Cubs to Win the First Five Innings||-115|
|Cubs First to Score||-154|
|Cubs First to Score Two Runs||-134|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from