Wednesday’s matchup between the Pittsburgh Pirates (59-98) and Chicago Cubs (67-90) could go either way, as bookmakers have declared the game a pick ’em. Action gets underway from PNC Park at 5:35 p.m., live on SportsNet PT. Roansy Contreras starts for Pittsburgh while Kyle Hendricks is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 29, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Kyle Hendricks
- The Cubs are sending Hendricks (14-7) out to make his 32nd start of the season. He is 14-7 with a 4.81 ERA and 126 strikeouts through 176 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Twins, the righty went 5 2/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Hendricks enters the matchup with 19 quality starts under his belt this season.
- The Cubs’ pitching staff gives up an average of 1.3 home runs in road games.
Cubs Hitting Leaders
- Frank Schwindel has been key for Chicago with three hits, an OBP of .150 plus a slugging percentage of .350.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 63 while batting .223 with 24 homers.
- Happ’s SLG and OBP are not in the top 25 in MLB among all qualified batters in the league.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from