Tim Anderson, batting .301 this season, leads the Chicago White Sox (90-68) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Nicholas Castellanos (.310 AVG this season) and the Cincinnati Reds (82-76). Anderson and the White Sox are -178 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at Guaranteed Rate Field, beginning at 7:10 p.m. live on NBCS-CHI. Chicago’s Carlos Rodon and Cincinnati’s Sonny Gray have been named the starters for this contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 29, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds.
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- The White Sox’s Rodon (12-5) will make his 24th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Monday, Sept. 20, when he tossed three innings while giving up two earned runs on two hits in a matchup with the Tigers.
- He has earned a quality start nine times in 23 starts this season.
- They have 780 strikeouts (10.3 per nine innings) in 77 home games this season.
White Sox Hitting Leaders
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox in home runs (29) and runs batted in (113).
- Abreu ranks second in RBI among qualified batters in MLB play.
- Yoan Moncada is batting .264 with 30 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 82 walks.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, Moncada’s .376 OBP ranks seventh.
White Sox Futures
Think the White Sox are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Chicago taking home the AL Central crown, the AL Pennant and the World Series.
|To Win ALCS||+300|
White Sox Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the White Sox get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|White Sox to Win the First Five Innings||-170|
|White Sox First to Score||+104|
|White Sox First to Score Two Runs||-115|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from