Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Tuesday when the Chicago White Sox (89-68) and Cincinnati Reds (82-75) take to the field at 7:10 p.m., live on NBCS-CHI. Tim Anderson is batting .302 for the White Sox (-182 favorites on the moneyline), while Nicholas Castellanos leads the underdog Reds (+160) with a .310 average.
Reynaldo Lopez starts for Chicago, while Riley O’Brien is Cincinnati’s starter for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of Sept. 28. See the table below for current betting odds:
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Reynaldo López
- Lopez (3-3) will take to the mound for the White Sox and make his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in 3 1/3 innings pitched against the Indians on Thursday.
- In eight starts this season, Lopez has not yet earned a quality start.
- They have recorded 30 of those quality starts at home.
White Sox Hitting Leaders
- Jose Abreu leads the White Sox in home runs (29) and runs batted in (113).
- Abreu ranks second in RBI among qualifying hitters in MLB action.
- Anderson is hitting .302 with 28 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 20 walks.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB action, Anderson’s .302 AVG ranks eighth.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from