The ALDS starts at 3:07 p.m. Thursday when the Houston Astros (95-67) host the Chicago White Sox (93-69) live from Minute Maid Park and airing on Fox Sports 1.
Lance McCullers Jr. starts for Houston while Chicago will counter with Lance Lynn. The Astros are -134 favorites on the moneyline to win this matchup with the White Sox (+116).
White Sox betting odds
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of Oct. 7, 2021. See the table for current betting odds.
White Sox starting pitcher: Lynn
- Lynn gets the start for the White Sox, his 29th of the season. He is 11-6 with a 2.75 ERA and 176 strikeouts over 157 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday against the Tigers, the righty went five innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- Lynn is trying to pick up his 14th quality start of the year.
- The White Sox have gone 39-18 in games when the starter goes at least six innings while giving up three or fewer earned runs.
Lynn player props
Sportsbooks have installed various player props for Lance Lynn for this matchup.
|Strikeouts||4.5||Over: +100, Under: -128|
White Sox hitting leaders
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago in home runs with 30 and runs batted in with 117.
- Abreu’s 117 RBI rank second among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Tim Anderson has 163 hits and an OBP of .338 to go with a slugging percentage of .469 this season.
- Anderson has a batting average of .440 with one homer during his six-game hit streak.
White Sox futures
Think the White Sox are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Chicago taking home the AL Central crown, the AL Pennant and the World Series. A bet on these futures only cashes in if the White Sox hit those milestones and can pay big, as a 100 dollar bet on Chicago to win the World Series would net the bettor 10,000 dollars.
|To Win ALCS||+300|
|To Win World Series||+700|
White Sox team props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the White Sox get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings?
|White Sox to Win the First Five Innings||+110|
|White Sox First to Score||-122|
|White Sox First to Score Two Runs||+102|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from