Yuli Gurriel, batting .319 this season, leads the Houston Astros (95-67) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Tim Anderson (.309 AVG this season) and the Chicago White Sox (93-69).
Gurriel and the Astros are -122 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at Minute Maid Park, beginning at 1:07 p.m. live on MLB Network.
Framber Valdez starts for Houston while Lucas Giolito is Chicago’s starter for the contest. Oddsmakers favor the Astros (-114) for this one, while the White Sox have +102 odds as underdogs.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of October 8, 2021. See the table for current betting odds.
White Sox probable starting pitcher: Lucas Giolito
- Giolito gets the start for the White Sox, his 32nd of the season. He is 11-9 with a 3.53 ERA and 201 strikeouts in 178 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday against the Tigers, the right-hander went five innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- Giolito enters the outing with 15 quality starts under his belt this year.
- The White Sox’s pitching staff allows an average of 0.9 home runs in road games.
Lucas Giolito player props
Sportsbooks have installed various player props for Lucas Giolito for this matchup. To bet on these props, choose whether you think he will exceed or fall short of the total that’s been set for various stats for this game.
|Strikeouts||5.5||Over: +116, Under: -148|
White Sox hitting leaders
- Jose Abreu is batting .261 this season with a team-high 30 home runs and 117 RBI.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Abreu ranks second in RBI.
- Anderson is batting .309 with an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .469 this season.
- Anderson enters this game on a seven-game hit streak. He’s hitting .414 over that span with one homer.
White Sox futures
Think the White Sox are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Chicago taking home the AL Central crown, the AL Pennant and the World Series.
|To Win ALCS||+350|
|To Win World Series||+750|
White Sox team props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the White Sox get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|White Sox to Win the First Five Innings||-104|
|White Sox First to Score||-140|
|White Sox First to Score Two Runs||-114|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from