Tim Anderson, batting .309 this season, leads the Chicago White Sox (93-69) into a matchup with one of the league’s other top hitters, Yuli Gurriel (.319 AVG this season) and the Houston Astros (95-67).
Anderson and the White Sox are -120 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup at Guaranteed Rate Field, beginning at 7:07 p.m. live on Fox Sports 1.
Dylan Cease starts for Chicago while Houston will counter with Luis Garcia. The Astros have +105 odds on the moneyline.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of October 10, 2021. See the table for current betting odds.
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Dylan Cease
- The White Sox will hand the ball to Cease (13-7) for his 33rd start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw four innings against the Tigers, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- He has 10 quality starts in 32 chances this season.
- Their pitchers strike out 10.3 batters per nine innings in home games this season.
White Sox Hitting Leaders
- Jose Abreu leads the White Sox with 30 home runs and 117 runs batted in.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, Abreu ranks second in RBI.
- Anderson is batting .309 with 29 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 22 walks.
- Anderson takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During that streak he is batting .441 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBIs.
White Sox Futures
Think the White Sox are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Chicago taking home the AL Central crown, the AL Pennant and the World Series.
|To Win ALCS||+1200|
White Sox Team Props
|White Sox to Win the First Five Innings||-122|
|White Sox First to Score||+112|
|White Sox First to Score Two Runs||-108|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from