In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Maryland Terrapins (2-0, 0-0 Big Ten) will meet the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2, 1-0 Big Ten). The Terrapins are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7). The game has an over/under of 61.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 17, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Due to Illinois State Law, betting is prohibited on Illinois college teams and college games played in Illinois.
- Game Day: Friday, September 17, 2021
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FS1
- Location: Champaign, Illinois
- Stadium: Memorial Stadium
Fighting Illini Player Insights
- Artur Sitkowski leads Illinois with 611 passing yards (203.7 ypg) on 58-of-102 passing with six touchdowns compared to one interception this season. He also adds 39 rushing yards (13 ypg) on 16 carries.
- Mike Epstein’s team-high 107 rushing yards (53.5 per game) have come on 25 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Reggie Love III has collected 83 yards (27.7 per game) on 24 attempts.
- Isaiah Williams’ team-high 183 receiving yards (61 yards per game) have come on 19 receptions with one touchdown.
- Deuce Spann has put together a 109-yard season so far (36.3 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in three passes.
- Daniel Barker’s eight catches have yielded 90 yards (45 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Fighting Illini Team Stats
- The Fighting Illini, on average, are scoring 12.7 more points per game this season (24.7) than the Terrapins are allowing (12).
- Illinois is 1-2 overall when scoring more than 12 points this season.
- The Terrapins score 46 points per game, 12.3 more than the Fighting Illini give up per matchup (33.7).
- This season Illinois has a 1-2 record in games when it holds opponents to fewer than 46 points.
- The Terrapins have allowed 227.5 yards per game, 130.8 yards fewer than the Fighting Illini have generated (358.3).
- The Fighting Illini’s offense averages six yards per pass attempt (103rd in the FBS). The Terrapins’ defense allows 5.1 yards per passing play (18th in college football).
Fighting Illini Betting Insights
- Illinois has covered the spread once over three games with a set spread.
- The Fighting Illini have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Illinois’ games have gone over the total once this year.
- The Fighting Illini have been an underdog in Big Ten play by 7 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- In their most recent outing, the Fighting Illini took on the Virginia Cavaliers and lost by a final score of 42-14, failing to cover the spread as 10.5-point underdogs.
- The teams faced a point total of 57 and hit the under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from