Adrian Houser will take to the mound for the Milwaukee Brewers (89-57) on Friday looking for his 10th win of the season in a matchup with the Chicago Cubs (66-81). Houser and the Brewers are -240 favorites to pick up the win in the contest, which starts at 8:10 PM ET on BSWI, live from American Family Field. Houser starts for Milwaukee while Chicago will counter with Zach Davies.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 17, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Adrian Houser
- The Brewers will hand the ball to Houser (9-6) for his 24th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw six innings against the Indians, giving up no earned runs while allowing one hit.
- He has started 23 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in six of them.
- They have a team record of 43-21 when their starter logs a quality start.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Zachary Davies
- Davies gets the start for the Cubs, his 31st of the season. He is 6-11 with a 5.40 ERA and 109 strikeouts in 141 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Saturday against the Giants, the righty tossed two innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Davies is trying to record his sixth quality start of the season in this game.
- The Cubs have put together a 13-48 record in games this season the team has given up at least two homers.
Brewers Hitting Leaders
- Omar Narvaez is hitting .282 with 19 doubles, 11 home runs and 36 walks.
- Narvaez is not in the top 25 in SLG and OBP among qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Avisail Garcia has shown off his power as he leads his team with 27 home runs and 82 runs batted in.
- Garcia does not rank in the top 25 in home runs and hits among the qualified hitters in MLB.
Cubs Hitting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 54 while batting .218.
- Happ’s hits and RBI are not among league leaders among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Frank Schwindel has collected three hits this season and has an OBP of .150. He’s slugging .350 on the year.
- Schwindel will look to extend his six-game hit streak. Over that span, he’s batting .423 with two homers.
Brewers Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Brewers get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Brewers to Win the First Five Innings||-210|
|Brewers First to Score||-116|
|Brewers First to Score Two Runs||-144|
|Brewers Will Play Extra Innings||-1800|
Cubs Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cubs get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Cubs to Win the First Five Innings||+172|
|Cubs First to Score||-110|
|Cubs First to Score Two Runs||+130|
|Cubs Will Play Extra Innings||-1800|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from