Christian Yelich is on the brink of his 98th hit of the season for the Milwaukee Brewers (95-64) as they get set to take on the Los Angeles Dodgers (103-56) on Friday. The Brewers enter the matchup as +198 underdogs on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Dodger Stadium at 9:10 p.m., live on MLB Network.
Clayton Kershaw starts for Los Angeles, while Eric Lauer is Milwaukee’s starter for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of October 1, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Eric Lauer
- Lauer (7-5 with a 2.77 ERA and 114 strikeouts in 113 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Brewers, his 20th of the season.
- The left-hander last appeared in relief on Sunday, when he tossed 2/3 innings against the Mets while giving up hits.
- Lauer has eight quality starts under his belt this season.
- The Brewers have 31 quality starts over their 78 road games.
Brewers Hitting Leaders
- Willy Adames has been key for Milwaukee with 26 hits, an OBP of .254 plus a slugging percentage of .371.
- Avisail Garcia leads Milwaukee in home runs with 29 and runs batted in with 85.
- Garcia is not among league leaders in hits and batting average among qualified hitters in the majors.
Think the Brewers are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Milwaukee taking home the NL Central crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series.
|To Win NLCS||+300|
|To Win World Series||+750|
Brewers Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Brewers get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Brewers to Win the First Five Innings||+168|
|Brewers First to Score||-106|
|Brewers First to Score Two Runs||+132|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from