The St. Louis Cardinals (87-69) will look to Harrison Bader, with homers in three straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Milwaukee Brewers (94-62) on Tuesday at Busch Stadium. The Brewers are -120 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 7:45 PM ET live on BSMW. Brandon Woodruff takes the mound for Milwaukee while Adam Wainwright is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 28, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- The Brewers will send Woodruff (9-10) to the mound for his 30th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw six innings against the Cardinals, giving up one earned run while allowing two hits.
- He has 20 quality starts in 29 chances this season.
- They have a 46-24 record this season when their starter records a quality start.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright (16-7 with a 3.05 ERA and 170 strikeouts in 200 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Cardinals, his 32nd of the season.
- His most recent time out came on Thursday against the Brewers, when the righty went four innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing four hits.
- Wainwright heads into the game with 21 quality starts under his belt this year.
- The Cardinals have put together a 6-32 record in games this season the club has given up two or more home runs.
Brewers Hitting Leaders
Cardinals Hitting Leaders
Powered By Data Skrive using data from