The Milwaukee Brewers (91-60) are favored on the moneyline (-110) in Wednesday’s contest with the St. Louis Cardinals (81-69), which starts at 7:40 PM ET on BSWI. However, the Cardinals are favored against the spread (1.5) with +152 odds. Brett Anderson takes the mound for Milwaukee while Miles Mikolas is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 22, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Brett Anderson
- The Brewers will send Anderson (4-8) to the mound for his 22nd start this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday, Sept. 2, against the Giants, throwing two innings without allowing a run.
- In 21 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in three of them.
- They have a record of 60-31 this season when striking out at least 10 batters.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas makes the start for the Cardinals, his eighth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 4.50 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 32 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Saturday against the Padres, when the right-hander went 5 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- So far this year, Mikolas has not registered a quality start.
- The Cardinals have had a quality start from their pitcher in 25 road games (out of 75 contests on the road).
Brewers Hitting Leaders
- Willy Adames is batting .197 with six doubles, a triple, five home runs and 10 walks.
- Luis Urias is hitting .250 with 25 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 55 walks.
- Among qualified batters in MLB action, Urias falls outside the MLB leaders in hits and batting average.
Cardinals Hitting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with a .287 batting average. He’s also hit 26 homers and has 89 RBI.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt ranks 23rd in AVG (.287), 19th in SLG (.489), 24th in RBI (89), and eighth in hits (162).
- Tyler O’Neill has 122 hits and an OBP of .352 to go with a slugging percentage of .531 this season.
- Among qualified hitters, O’Neill is not among league leaders in SLG and OBP in the league.
Think the Brewers are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Milwaukee taking home the NL Central crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series. A bet on these futures only cashes in if the Brewers hit those milestones and can pay big, as a 100 dollar bet on Milwaukee to win the World Series would net the bettor 10,000 dollars.
|To Win NLCS||+290|
Think the Cardinals are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on St. Louis taking home the NL Central crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series. A bet on these futures only cashes in if the Cardinals hit those milestones and can pay big, as a 100 dollar bet on St. Louis to win the World Series would net the bettor 10,000 dollars.
|To Win NLCS||+1700|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from