The St. Louis Cardinals (83-69) will look to Paul Goldschmidt, who is coming off of a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Chicago Cubs (67-85) on Friday at 8:05 PM ET on ESPN. Goldschmidt and the Cardinals are -110 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. St. Louis’ Jack Flaherty gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Zach Davies.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of July 11, 2021, 1:00 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: Jack Flaherty
- The Cardinals will send Flaherty (9-2) to the mound for his 15th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday, Aug. 24, when he threw two innings against the Tigers, giving up four earned runs.
- He has earned a quality start nine times in 14 starts this season.
- They have won 26 of their 38 games this season when striking out 10 or more opposing batters.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher: Zachary Davies
- Davies gets the start for the Cubs, his 32nd of the season. He is 6-11 with a 5.49 ERA and 112 strikeouts over 146 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday, the right-hander tossed 4 1/3 innings against the Brewers, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Davies has five quality starts under his belt this season.
- The Cubs have 18 quality starts over their 77 home games.
Cardinals Hitting Leaders
Cubs Hitting Leaders
Think the Cardinals are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on St. Louis taking home the NL Central crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series. A bet on these futures only cashes in if the Cardinals hit those milestones and can pay big, as a 100 dollar bet on St. Louis to win the World Series would net the bettor 10,000 dollars.
|To Win NLCS||+1200|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from