On Wednesday, the NL Wild Card game will feature the Los Angeles Dodgers (106-56), taking on the St. Louis Cardinals (90-72). The game starts at 7:10 p.m. live on TBS from Dodger Stadium. Los Angeles’ Max Scherzer gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright.
As of Wednesday morning, the Cardinals are +200 underdogs for this contest, with the Dodgers are -230 favorites on the moneyline.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of Oct. 6, 2021. See the table below for current betting odds.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright (17-7 with a 3.05 ERA and 174 strikeouts in 206 1/3 innings pitched) makes a start for the Cardinals, his 33rd of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sept. 28, against the Brewers, when he went six innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Wainwright has collected 22 quality starts this season.
- The Cardinals have had a quality start from their pitcher 26 times in 81 road games.
Adam Wainwright Player Props
Sportsbooks have installed various player props for Adam Wainwright for this matchup. To bet on these props, choose whether you think he will exceed or fall short of the total that’s been set for various stats for this game\.
|Strikeouts||4.5||Over: +104, Under: -134|
Cardinals Hitting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in batting average (.295) this season while adding 31 home runs and 100 RBI.
- Goldschmidt ranks seventh in hits (178), 15th in AVG (.295), 13th in SLG (.516), 19th in OBP (.367), and 17th in RBI (100) among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Tyler O’Neill’s 34 home runs are the most among St. Louis batters. He’s driven in 80 runs this season while slugging .560.
- O’Neill ranks 23rd in AVG (.286) and 18th in HR (34) among qualified hitters in the majors.
Think the Cardinals are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on St. Louis taking home the NL Central crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series.
|To Win NLCS||+1000|
|To Win World Series||+2200|
Cardinals Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cardinals get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the correct predictions.
|Cardinals to Win the First Five Innings||+172|
|Cardinals First to Score||+104|
|Cardinals First to Score Two Runs||+144|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from