Wednesday’s matchup between the St. Louis Cardinals (88-69) and Milwaukee Brewers (94-63) could go either way, as sportsbooks have declared the game a pick ’em. Action gets underway from Busch Stadium at 6:45 p.m., live on BSMW).
St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas gets the start, and he’ll go against Milwaukee’s Adrian Houser.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 29, 2021, 11:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: Miles Mikolas
- The Cardinals will send Mikolas (2-2) to the mound for his ninth start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in seven innings against the Brewers.
- In eight starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- In 76 games at home this season, their pitchers average 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Adrian Houser
- Houser will aim to earn his 10th win when he makes the start for the Brewers, his 26th of the season. He is 9-6 with a 3.34 ERA and 104 strikeouts in 137 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Thursday against the Cardinals, when he threw six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up five hits.
- Houser heads into the outing with seven quality starts under his belt this season.
- The Brewers have gone 46-24 in games when the starter records a quality start.
Cardinals Hitting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt has a team-best batting average of .297.
- Goldschmidt ranks fifth in hits (176), 24th in HR (31), 15th in RBI (99), 13th in AVG (.297), 14th in OBP (.366), and 13th in SLG (.520) among the qualified batters in MLB.
- Tyler O’Neill is batting .283 with 25 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 38 walks.
- O’Neill brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. Over that span he is batting .364 with a double, three home runs and seven RBIs.
Brewers Hitting Leaders
- Willy Adames has been key for Milwaukee with 26 hits, an OBP of .254 plus a slugging percentage of .371.
- Luis Urias has collected 119 hits this season and has an OBP of .342. He’s slugging .444 on the year.
- Among qualified hitters, Urias ranks outside of the top 15 in average, hits and home runs in the league.
Cardinals Team Props
|Cardinals to Win the First Five Innings||-102|
|Cardinals First to Score||+122|
|Cardinals First to Score Two Runs||+116|
Brewers Team Props
|Brewers to Win the First Five Innings||-120|
|Brewers First to Score||-156|
|Brewers First to Score Two Runs||-128|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from