Christian Yelich is on the brink of his 98th hit of the season for the Milwaukee Brewers (95-63) as they get set to take on the St. Louis Cardinals (88-70) on Thursday. The Brewers enter the matchup as -102 underdogs on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Busch Stadium at 12:15 p.m., live on MLB Network. St. Louis’ J.A. Happ gets the start, and he’ll go against Milwaukee’s Brett Anderson.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 30, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: James Happ
- Happ (4-2) will take to the mound for the Cardinals and make his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Friday, when he tossed four innings without allowing a run on two hits in a matchup with the Cubs.
- He has two quality starts in 10 chances this season.
- They have a 42-13 record this season when their starter records a quality start.
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Brett Anderson
- Anderson makes the start for the Brewers, his 23rd of the season. He is 4-9 with a 4.30 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 90 innings pitched.
- The lefty last appeared on Wednesday, Sept. 22 against the Cardinals, when he went 1 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Anderson enters this game with three quality starts under his belt this year.
- The Brewers are 46-24 in the quality starts recorded by their pitchers.
Cardinals Hitting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals with a team-high batting average of .296.
- Goldschmidt ranks sixth in hits (176), 25th in HR (31), 17th in RBI (99), 15th in AVG (.296), 13th in OBP (.367), and 13th in SLG (.519) among the qualifying hitters in MLB play.
- Tyler O’Neill is batting .282 with 25 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 38 walks.
- O’Neill ranks 20th in HR (32), and 24th in AVG (.282) among the qualifying hitters in MLB.
Brewers Hitting Leaders
- Willy Adames is batting .197 with five home runs and 15 RBI for Milwaukee this season.
- Luis Urias is batting .248 with an OBP of .341 and a slugging percentage of .443 this season.
- Urias falls outside of league leaders in hits and batting average among qualified hitters in the majors.
Think the Cardinals are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on St. Louis taking home the NL Central crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series.
|To Win NLCS||+1100|
|To Win World Series||+2200|
|To Win NLCS||+275|
|To Win World Series||+700|
Cardinals Team Props
|Cardinals to Win the First Five Innings||-106|
|Cardinals First to Score||+120|
|Cardinals First to Score Two Runs||+104|
Brewers Team Props
|Brewers to Win the First Five Innings||-114|
|Brewers First to Score||-154|
|Brewers First to Score Two Runs||-118|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from