The New York Mets (72-74) will look to avoid the sweep when they host the St. Louis Cardinals (75-69) to complete a three-game series. Bookmakers have listed the Mets as -162 favorites for the series finale, while the Cardinals are +136 underdogs to complete their sweep. Tylor Megill starts for New York while St. Louis will counter with Jon Lester.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 15, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: Jonathan Lester
- The Cardinals are sending Lester (5-6) out to make his 25th start of the season. He is 5-6 with a 4.75 ERA and 72 strikeouts over 119 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s most recent time out came on Saturday against the Reds, when he threw seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- Lester heads into this game with five quality starts under his belt this year.
- The Cardinals have gone 37-13 in games when the starter records a quality start.
Cardinals Hitting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with a .287 batting average. He’s also hit 25 homers and has 85 RBI.
- Goldschmidt’s 155 hits rank ninth, his .287 AVG ranks 23rd, and his 85 RBI rank 24th among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Tyler O’Neill has 116 hits and an OBP of .349 to go with a slugging percentage of .525 this season.
Cardinals Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cardinals get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Cardinals to Win the First Five Innings||+132|
|Cardinals First to Score||-134|
|Cardinals First to Score Two Runs||+112|
|Cardinals Will Play Extra Innings||-1450|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from