The New York Mets (72-73) are set to take on the St. Louis Cardinals (74-69) on Tuesday at 6:10 p.m., airing on SNY. The Mets are listed as -162 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Cardinals have +136 odds. New York’s Marcus Stroman and St. Louis’ Jake Woodford have been named the starters for this contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 14, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Jacob Woodford
- Woodford (2-3) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his fifth start of the season. He has a 4.28 ERA in 48 1/3 innings pitched, with 40 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared on Thursday against the Dodgers, when he went four innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- The Cardinals have gone 37-13 in games when the starter pitches at least six innings while allowing three or fewer earned runs.
Cardinals hitting leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with a .287 batting average. He’s also hit 25 homers and has 85 RBI.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt ranks 22nd in AVG (.287), 23rd in RBI (85), and 10th in hits (154).
- Tyler O’Neill has 114 hits and an OBP of .349 to go with a slugging percentage of .520 this season.
- O’Neill is not among league batting leaders in MLB among qualified hitters in the majors.
Cardinals team props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cardinals get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Cardinals to Win the First Five Innings||+138|
|Cardinals First to Score||-124|
|Cardinals First to Score Two Runs||+118|
|Cardinals Will Play Extra Innings||+800|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from