The St. Louis Cardinals (76-69) will take on the San Diego Padres (76-70) on Friday at 8:15 PM ET. Fernando Tatis Jr. will be looking for his 40th home run of the season for the underdog Padres (+118) when the game gets underway at Busch Stadium, live on BSMW. Miles Mikolas starts for St. Louis while San Diego will counter with Vince Velasquez.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from FanDuel as of September 17, 2021, 3:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher: Miles Mikolas
- The Cardinals’ Mikolas (0-2) will make his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in five innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Reds.
- None of Mikolas’ six starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Their pitchers strike out 7.8 batters per nine innings in home games this season.
Cardinals Hitting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals with a team-high batting average of .289.
- Goldschmidt ranks seventh in hits (158), 23rd in RBI (87), 20th in AVG (.289), and 25th in SLG (.495) among the qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Tyler O’Neill is hitting .281 with 23 doubles, a triple, 26 home runs and 34 walks.
- O’Neill has safely hit in five straight games. During that streak he is batting .381 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBIs.
Cardinals Team Props
Have a hunch about what’s going to happen in the game? Will the Cardinals get off to a hot start and be leading after five innings, or score the first run? Will your lucky number of eight be the final score? Will the game be close and go to extra innings? Betting on these game prop bets allows you to make those calls and win if you make the right predictions.
|Cardinals to Win the First Five Innings||-142|
|Cardinals First to Score||+118|
|Cardinals First to Score Two Runs||+100|
|Cardinals Will Play Extra Innings||+780|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from