TVG Horse Racing Illinois – Promo Code for $200
Horse racing fans in Illinois only really need one betting site: TVG Racing. Dedicated to the sport of kings and nothing else, this Flutter Entertainment subsidiary offers some of the best odds on thousands of races each year. Indeed, with experts covering events from more than 300 venues around the world, there’s no other site that can match TVG’s coverage of horse racing.
Such is this operator’s passion for the gee-gees that it offers a whole lot more than odds. New customers can get a single-horse win wager worth up to $200 while existing members can get bet insurance, enhanced odds, and a wealth of additional promotions. Add to this live racing streams, handicapping options, as well as expert tips, and TVG Racing has something for everyone.
In this TVG Racing review, we’ve shone a light on this operator’s best bits and cast a critical eye over everything else. We believe it’s one of the best horse racing betting sites in the world. But we also want you to make up your mind. So, without further delay, here’s our TVG Racing Illinois review.
TVG horse racing Illinois bonus
TVG Racing newbies can get off to a flier, as they say, with a Single-horse win wager worth up to $200.
To get the TVG Racing welcome bonus, you need to be a new customer, in Illinois and at least 21 years old. If that’s you, the steps below will allow you to collect a no sweat bet of up to $200:
- Follow our TVG Racing sign-up link.
- Register for your first account using the TVG promo code 200TVG.
- Make a deposit equal to or exceeding the site minimum ($10).
A bonus win without the stake
Your bonus offer can be used to wager on any race in TVG’s platform. As per TVG’s bonus terms and conditions, make a deposit and place your first single horse win-type bet on any race and you’ll get up to $200 back as wagering credit if your horse doesn’t win.
Overall, the TVG Racing Illinois new player bonus offers great value for low- and mid-stakes sports bettors. This allows you to sign up, explore the site and make some bet withouts fear of losing any money.
TVG Horse Racing Promo Code Illinois - December 2023
|Online Horse Betting||TVG Horse Racing IL|
|TVG Promo Code||200TVG|
|Bonus Offer||Up to $200 back if your first bet loses|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
Sign up for a TVG Racing account in Illinois
First things first, TVG Racing is a multistate operator. However, in this review, we’re only concerned with what goes on in Illinois. Aside from a need to comply with local regulations, certain things are allowed in other states (such as New Jersey) that aren’t in Illinois.
Therefore, we’re going to outline the sign-up process for those in the Prairie State. To create an account at TVG Racing Illinois, you need to be within the state and be 21 years or older. If you satisfy those conditions, you can create an account by providing the following information:
- Click our TVG Racing registration link.
- Input your name, password, mobile number and date of birth.
- Enter your address, state and ZIP code.
- Input the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Enter the TVG Racing bonus code.
Once you hit the “Complete Registration” button, TVG’s software will attempt to verify your identity using the details given and the last four digits of your SSN. If it can’t, you will be asked to provide your full SSN. If there are still issues, you’ll need to send the TVG Racing support team a photo of your driver’s license or an official form of government-issued ID. You’ll have to accompany this with a picture of you holding the ID.
When your account is verified, you’ll receive access to the site and betting options for 300+ international racing venues. If you have any problems or concerns during the sign-up process, you can speak to a member of TVG’s team using the live messenger feature.
Other TVG Racing promotions and bonus offers
There are horse racing bonuses galore at TVG. Of course, that’s hardly surprising given that this is a specialist sports betting site. However, the range of options is world-class, regardless of the sport in focus.
As a general guide, you’ll find everything from bonus bets and cash-back offers to bonus wagers, points-based competitions, and enhanced odds. During our TVG Racing review, some of the standout bonuses are:
Certain multiway (i.e., multiple selection) bets can trigger the TVG Racing insurance bonus. This bonus gives you a rebate in the form of a bonus bet if you almost win a multiway bet. For example, Pick 4 Insurance will provide you with cash back if three of your four picks are successful, i.e., the result is insured against a loss.
At various points throughout the month, TVG will offer points-based promotions. These are similar to points races at online casino and poker sites. The premise is simple: Make bets and earn points for successful picks.
The more points you earn, the farther up the leaderboard you’ll climb, and the more chance you have of winning a share of the prize pool. During our TVG Racing review, we spotted a competition with a $10,000 prize pool.
If you like the sound of points-based competitions but don’t want to want to pay, you can take part in Super 5. All you have to do is select five winners from five races that preselected by TVG. Get all five right, and you’ll win a share of $5,000. Get four right, and you’ll win a share of $1,000.
Click here to claim your bonus of up to $200 at TVG Racing!
Is TVG horse betting legal in Illinois?
Yes, TVG Racing launched in 1999 as a horse racing channel. It subsequently began to offer on-track and off-track betting options for customers in various states. As such, TVG Racing is legal in Illinois under federal and state betting laws. To bet on horse races in Illinois from more than 300 tracks, you must be at least 21 and within the state.
Additionally, there are state-specific laws with regards to surcharges and tax reporting liabilities.
The state of Illinois collects a 0.38% surcharge on winnings wagers. This is charged on the “raw price,” which is the “raw” split of the pool, rounded to an appropriate amount. The amount the state takes is rounded up, so if the “raw price” of the win pool is $5.50, you will receive $5.30 or $5.35.
As of July 9, 2017, the Illinois personal income tax rate is 4.95%. Any wager which results in proceeds of more than $5,000, is subject to reporting and withholding if the amount of such proceeds is at least 300 times as large as the amount wagered,” reads the guidance on TVG Racing.
TVG Racing features
TVG is all about horse racing. That means you won’t find any other sports on the betting menu. However, you will find comprehensive coverage of racing events from the US and the world at large. From the UK and Ireland to Australia, Dubai, and beyond, there’s no other site that covers more races than TVG.
The tech team has delivered an innovative interface to deliver a smooth betting experience that covers everything horse racing. To the left of the homepage, you’ll find a betting menu. From there, the daily odds are listed in the center of the page. This structure follows the format used by sportsbooks the world over.
However, where TVG Racing differs is the contents of each box out. The menu on the left of the page features quick links for the day’s races. Then, in the center of the page, the odds are displayed on virtual racecards. In many ways, the site is a digital representation of the booklets you receive when you visit a racetrack.
Aesthetically, this makes TVG Racing a fantastic-looking website. The structure also makes it extremely easy to find what you need. Each race card contains the order of the runners, from the favorite to the outsider.
They also contain details of the race, color-coded markers for each horse, the trainer/jockey, and any available promotions. Then, when you tap on the “Full Race Card” button, you’ll be able to look through a list of bet types and the following handicapping tools:
- Summary: This tab provides a quick overview of the race regarding the runners, riders (and their weight) as well as the odds.
- Snapshot: This tab offers an expert preview of the race. It’s not extensive but gives some bite-sized tips to help you refine your picks.
- Speed and Class: This tells you a runner’s top speed and class based on past performances and various metrics used to grade horses.
- Pace: Similar to class and speed, this tab uses performance data to rate a runner’s average pace under certain conditions.
- Jockey/Trainer Stats: As well as learning about the horse, you can get the lowdown on the jockeys and trainers. This covers important things like recent wins, historical performance data, and more.
When it comes to the quality of information and ease of access, few sites in the world can match TVG Racing. Over in Europe, where online sports betting is a more mature market, specialist operators, such as the Racing Post, offer something similar to TVG. However, in the US, this betting site stands alone when it comes to racing coverage.
TVG horse racing app
The TVG website is optimized for mobile use. However, if you prefer a more direct experience, you can download the iOS and Android apps by completing the following steps:
- Use our TVG Racing sign-up link to create your first account.
- Once you’ve registered, go to the FAQ page and search for “mobile.”
- Follow the links to the TVG iOS app on the Apple App Store or the TVG Android app on the TVG website.
- Download the app, log in to your account and start betting.
The TVG Racing mobile app follows the same format as the website. This means you’ll see the same selection of digital race cards and have the ability to click through various handicapping tools. As with the desktop site, you can also make use of these impressive features:
- Daily Picks and Tips: Thanks to a team of racing experts, TVG can offer daily insights, tips, and hot picks. This advice is available inside the TVG Racing blog and will provide bettors of all skill levels with some valuable information.
- Past Performance Data: If the handicapping tools inside each race card aren’t enough, you can purchase past performance (PP) data. These reports come at a price that will vary depending on the race and quantity of information you want. However, the data will provide expert-level insights into every aspect of a race.
What’s more, you can combine PP data with an extra handicapping service. To get the reports, you’ll have to bet $10 ($25 in some cases) on races covered in the overviews. Do that and you’ll receive a refund. Therefore, even though you have to pay in the first instance, you can get world-class betting tips for free.
- Live Racing Streams: If the prospect of expert insights doesn’t get you excited (it should), then maybe TVG TV will. By tapping on “watch TVG,” you’ll be able to watch live races from over 300 international tracks. Additionally, you can catch up on all the latest action by watching the race replays.
To watch a race in real-time, you’ll need to place a bet. Races set to be streamed will be highlighted in the betting lobby. Once you’ve made a minimum bet, a link for the stream will be available inside the video tab.
This feature is not only a great way to see exactly what’s happening in the racing world, it’s something that makes TVG Racing much more entertaining as a betting site. Moreover, it’s another feature many US sportsbooks can’t match.
Bet types at TVG Horse Racing
The minimum bet at TVG Racing will vary depending on the type of wager you make and the race in question. However, in general, you’ll be able to speculate on races for as little as $1. At the other end of the spectrum, TVG will accept bets up to $10,000.
Again, this is a horse racing sportsbook, so you won’t find anything else to bet on other than the sport of kings. However, to ensure everyone has something to keep them amused, various types of bet are available:
- Win (WN): You’re betting that the horse will win the race.
- Place (PL): You’re betting that the horse will come first or second.
- Show (SH): You’re betting that the horse will come first or second first, second, or third.
- Exacta (EX): You’re betting that the horse will come first and second in exact order.
- Quinella (QN): You’re betting that the horse will come first and second in either order.
- Trifecta (TR): You’re betting that the horse will come first, second, and third place in exact order.
- Superfecta (SU): You’re betting that the horse will come first, second, third, and fourth place in exact order.
- Daily Double (DB): You’re betting that two horses will come first in two consecutive races.
- Pick 3 (P3): You’re betting on three horses you think will come first in three consecutive races.
- Pick 4 (P4): You’re betting on four horses you think will come first in four consecutive races.
- Pick 5 (P5): You’re betting on five horses you think will come first in five consecutive races.
- Pick 6 (P6): You’re betting on six horses you think will come first in six consecutive races.
Banking at TVG Racing online
TVG Racing is a legal and regulated sportsbook in Illinois. This means it abides by state rules about banking and security. Practically, SSL-encryption technology will protect your personal and financial details. Beyond that, all customers will be required to prove their identity and location before they can make a deposit.
Finally, all withdrawals are subject to a security review that takes approximately 24 hours. Deposits are fee-free, but certain deposit options will incur a $5 charge. If we’re being honest, we’d prefer to see the withdrawal fees removed. However, if the fees allow TVG to continue offering a secure and comprehensive service, we can’t complain too much.
To make deposits and withdrawals, head to the cashier page and select one of the options below. The minimum amount for deposits and withdrawals is $10, and the latter will typically arrive at your chosen payment methods within two to five days:
- BetCash (direct link to your ACH/e-check account
- Bank transfer
- Debit card or credit card
- TVG prepaid card
- PayNearMe (7-Eleven, CVS, Family Dollar)
TVG Racing customer support
TVG Racing has an excellent FAQ section. Quick tabs allow you to navigate to the most commonly asked questions, while the search function allows you to address specific queries. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, you can contact a member of the support team 24/7 via the following methods:
- Live chat
- Email: [email protected]
History of TVG horse racing
TVG Racing started life in 1999 as the Television Games Network (TVG Network). The United Video Satellite Group created the horse racing channel before Gemstar International Group purchased it a year after its launch. Between 1999 and 2006, the channel grew in stature, offering various racing programs. Moreover, it struck up working relationships with racetracks across the US.
These relationships gave TVG a footing in the on-track betting word. In 2008, Betfair bought TVG for $50 million. This deal broadened its betting interests to the international racing circuit, a position that was strengthened in 2015 when Betfair acquired HRTV. Today, TVG Racing offers betting services in 32 states, including Illinois. As well as online wagering, customers can bet on races from around the world via their mobile or over the phone.