DraftKings Illinois Promo Code $2,050 Bonus
DraftKings Sportsbook is rewarding all new Illinois players with a welcome offer worth up to $2,050. Sign up with DraftKings today, and automatically qualify for the $2,050 welcome bonus, i.e., you do not need to enter a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code.
DraftKings has made its move into Illinois with a fantastic sportsbook. This easy-to-use site and mobile app are created with the customer in mind. Whether you’d like to place pregames, live bets, or futures, DraftKings Sportsbook is the go-to platform.
The offer gives users the best chance to try out DraftKings online sportsbook. To claim the multi-part bonuses and get going with a great Illinois sportsbook, read on. We’ll cover the DraftKings app, betting markets available, how to sign up for your account, and more.
DraftKings Sportsbook $2,050 in March 2024
Open a new account with DraftKings Sportsbook in Illinois and claim your $2,050 welcome bonus. You do not need to use a DraftKings promo code to unlock the welcome offer.
DraftKings promo code details
|DraftKings Promo Code
|Click to claim $2,050 promo
|Up to $2,050
|March 3, 2024
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see DraftKings Sportsbook Illinois for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
DraftKings welcome bonus terms and conditions
Regardless of the type of bonus the operator offers, you’ll have to keep certain terms in mind in order to make the most of them. Let’s take a look at the most common rules DraftKings bonuses come with:
- Minimum deposit — Whether the bonus requires that you make a deposit or a minimum bet to claim it, you’ll have to top up your balance. This will come with a minimum limit, which is usually $5 at DraftKings.
- Eligibility — When it comes to welcome bonuses, one thing is clear — they are available only to new players and first-time depositors. If you don’t satisfy this condition, you can look into DraftKings promotions for returning players.
- Timeframes — As DraftKings likes to change up its bonus offers frequently, you should pay attention to the time frame the offer is available for. In addition to that, every promotion specifies an amount of time you will have to use it up after you claim it.
- Wagering requirements — Before being able to withdraw any winnings you’ve arrived at via a DraftKings bonus, you will have to complete the wagering requirements. These tell you how many times you need to bet the bonus amount before requesting a payout.
- Accepted bet types — This rule tells you which bet types will make you eligible for the bonus or which types of bets you can use the bonus money on. If you’re not aware of this information, you can easily make a mistake and lose the promo funds.
Other DraftKings promotions and bonus offers
The DraftKings Illinois welcome bonus is sure to leave you wanting more. DraftKings runs various promotions on a rotating basis, with offers changing around the sporting year.
Here are a few options you may find on the promotions page:
- Daily Odds Boosts: The sportsbook offers daily boosts on the most popular sporting events. These are enhanced odds for a certain outcome, which will increase your winnings if the bet plays out in your favor.
- Profit Boosts: DraftKings gives players the option to decide which bets they want to boost with regularity. You get a token for a certain amount, say 50% for an NFL bet of your choosing. Simply select the straight or parlay wager you want to make, choose the 50% profit boost token in your betslip and watch the odds and thus potential winnings jump by 50%.
- Parlay Insurance: The operator offers parlay insurance up to a certain value if you lose one leg of your parlay bet.
- Refer a Friend: Use your referral tracking link to allow friends and family to sign up for a DraftKings Sportsbook account. If someone uses your link to register and places a real cash bet within 30 days, you’ll receive bonus bets to use within the next month.
Is DraftKings legal in Illinois?
Yes, DraftKings partners with DraftKing at Casino Queen. It opened an online and retail sportsbook in August 2020. When the online sportsbook opened, it was the second one to do so in Illinois.
Sports betting in IL became legal in the state, thanks to the Sports Wagering Act being signed by Gov. JB Pritzker in June 2019. The initial legal sports wagers were placed in March 2020.
Sign up for a DraftKings Illinois account
Follow our steps to sign up and ensure you receive the full DraftKings welcome offer:
- Click through to the DraftKings site.
- Click on the green sign-up button at the top-right of the page.
- Enter your email address and create a user ID and secure password for your account.
- Please read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter your details, including your name, date of birth, address, and the last four digits of your Social Security number to verify your account.
- Make a minimum deposit to receive the deposit match bonus and bonus bet.
Otherwise, as long as you are 21 or older and within state lines, you can legally sports bet using the DraftKings app. If you are a player, coach, or trainer for a specific national team, or you are a casino employee, you may have to check with your employer before creating an account in Illinois.
DraftKings Sportsbook app
The DraftKings online sportsbook app is great for those who tend to place bets at the last minute. With the mobile app, you can place pregame, futures and live bets all from your phone, providing you’re within Illinois state lines.
You should have a smooth and user-friendly experience. The DraftKings app is available on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets, and here’s how to get it.
How to download the DraftKings iOS app
DraftKings Sportsbook particularly shines on iPhones and iPads with high-quality graphics and a great user interface. For the best experience, make sure your Apple device is using the latest iOS software. The app is 121 megabytes.
Here’s how to download the Apple app:
- Click on one of our exclusive links using your device. It will take you through to the DraftKings Illinois page and ensure you qualify for all available offers.
- Scroll down until you find the “Download on the App Store.”
- Click through to download and install the app for free.
- Launch the app, then sign up or log in to your account.
How to download the DraftKings Android app
It takes a little more patience to download the Android app onto a smartphone or tablet. The Google Play Store doesn’t list gambling apps. Luckily, we’ve created simple instructions to get you betting on your favorite sports faster. The app is 53.9 megabytes.
Here’s how to download the Android app:
- Click through to the DraftKings site using one of our link.
- Scroll down the page to find the “Download for Android.”
- Click to download the app from the site onto your Android device. If any security prompts appear, close them. These are there as a default for all apps that are from the Play Store.
- Go into the security section of your phone or tablet’s settings. In there, click to allow installs from “Unknown Sources.”
- Once the app downloads, pull down your notification bar and click on the file to trigger the install on your device.
About the DraftKings Sportsbook app
The DraftKings product is one of the best mobile sportsbooks. Through the app, you can choose from hundreds of bets and take advantage of promotions on a regular basis. The app’s geolocation software is strong, which means that even if you’re close to the Illinois border, it will likely ask you to verify your location before placing a bet.
You must be 21 years or older to legally deposit and place bets on DraftKings Sportsbook.
DraftKings Sportsbook features and benefits
DraftKings Sportsbook Illinois has a lot to like about it, as we already have detailed, but here’s a look at a few of the things that really stand out:
- Stats Hub: It might be easy to miss if you only are looking for sports to bet on, but the Stats Hub at DraftKings is great. For starters, you’ll find it along the top bar on the Android and Apple app. In the Stats Hub, you’ll find notes and stats (obviously!) for featured games, parlays and player props. You can sort according to sport or most popular games. And the parlay builder gives you various parlays, tells you what a $10 bet would pay out and then gives you a note about why each pick makes sense. Be make sure you watch the clock, because you can spend a lot of time checking out all the info the site has to offer via the Stats Hub.
- Freebies: DraftKings has plenty of free contests in which you can win real money, both on the sportsbook and daily fantasy site. On the sportsbook, you can click on the pools tab and you’ll find various free pools that are currently live or coming up. And on the DFS side, there’s almost always free contests that pay out cash. Now, let’s be honest, cashing in these contests is a long shot, but you’ve got nothing to lose, so give them a go.
- Promotions: DraftKings has near-constant promotions, and they’re almost always front and center on the DraftKings app. You’ll find the latest promos at the top of the page with a bright green button to opt in. Having worthwhile promos and bonuses is great, but if you don’t know they’re going on or don’t realize you have to opt in to take advantage, then it kind of defeats the point. But the DraftKings app makes it easy to know the latest offers and makes opting in a breeze.
How could DraftKings sportsbook improve?
We’ve already said that we think DraftKings is one of the top sportsbooks in all of Illinois, but that doesn’t mean there’s not room to improve. Here are a few things we would love to see DK Sportsbook fix going forward.
- More insurance promos: We love all the promotions DraftKings has to offer, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want more.
- Higher promotion limits: It’s not uncommon to see all players limited to $5 and $10 bets for many of the DraftKings promotions. We’d like to see this tied to players’ typical bet amounts. If you always bet $100, then it would make sense that for a promotion you could do the same.
- Better overall odds: The odds at DraftKings Sportsbook aren’t bad, far from it, but they’re also rarely the absolute best. We’d like to see a few sports or categories where DraftKings really shines for odds.
Betting options at DraftKings Sportsbook
Every bettor is different, and DraftKings recognizes that with a great list of available options. Here’s a list of the most popular betting types at the Illinois sportsbook.
- Point spread betting: Make a bet on the outcome of a game, and how big the spread in the final score will be. Wager on a specific number, and whether your chosen team will exceed it or fall behind.
- Totals: Also referred to as the over/under, totals focus on the number of points, runs, or goals you think will be achieved in any event. DraftKings offers totals for individual quarters or halftimes of games, as well as for the end result.
- Futures: Take a shot at the long-term outcome of a particular league. These bets can last for months, and DraftKings will change the odds of futures as the sporting event plays out.
- Moneyline: Predict who will win or lose a particular sporting event, and choose your odds based on what the sportsbook offers. Different payouts will be offered based on the sportsbook’s perception of which team is most likely to win.
- Live Betting: Place a bet during a live game with odds that are updated in real-time.
- Early Cash Out: DraftKings will give you the chance to cash out on your bets before they have fully played out for a smaller prize pot.
- Props: Wager on events that run alongside the main game, such as whether a certain player will hit a home run or not. Proposition bets are a fun alternative to betting on the full-time outcome of an event.
Sports available at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings offers an extensive list of sports for Illinois bettors. As well as your favorites, you’ll also be able to find a few underdogs to keep your betting interesting. Sports available at DraftKings are as follows:
- Mixed martial arts
Illinois sports teams you can bet on
Obviously, you can bet on teams across all sports, but betting on your local favorites can be the most fun as those are the teams you likely know the best. So here’s a look at the top pro teams from Illinois!
First up is Major League Baseball and a rivalry that divides Chicago between North and South sides. The Chicago White Sox are the South-siders, while the Chicago Cubs are the North-siders. Both teams ended their long World Series droughts within the past generation, the Cubs in 2016 vs. the Cleveland Indians and the White Sox in 2005 vs. the Houston Astros. You can bet on both teams and the other 28 MLB teams at DraftKings Sportsbook in Illinois.
In the NHL, the Chicago Blackhawks are one of the league’s Original Six and have won three Stanley Cup titles since the 2009-10 season. At DraftKings, there are plenty of wagers on the Blackhawks and the rest of the NHL, including live betting.
The NFL’s Chicago Bears were made even more famous thanks to a Saturday Night Live skit, earning them the nickname Da Bears. The team also had a rap song, The Super Bowl Shuffle, that reached No. 41 on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 1985, the season the Bears won their lone Super Bowl title. DraftKings online sportsbook has a plethora of bets you can place on the Bears and all NFL teams each week of the regular season and postseason.
Despite such historic teams as the Cubs, White Sox, Blackhawks, and Bears, the Chicago Bulls might be the most iconic Illinois team thanks to one player, Michael Jordan. Jordan led the Bulls to six NBA titles — a pair of three-peats — in the 1990s and is widely regarded as the best basketball player in history. During the season you can bet on the Bulls and other NBA teams on DraftKings.
DraftKings has soccer fans covered as well, which means betting on the Chicago Fire FC of the MLS couldn’t be easier. The Fire kicked off their inaugural season in Major League Soccer by winning the MLS Cup back in 1998, but have not won the title since.
Rounding out the Illinois pro sports teams you can bet on at DraftKings Sportsbook is the Chicago Sky of the WNBA. The Sky are the only team mentioned here that has not won a championship, but they also have been around for the shortest time. The Sky’s first season was in 2006, and they reached the WNBA Finals in 2014 but were promptly swept in by the Phoenix Mercury. You can bet on the Sky and the other 11 WNBA teams at DraftKings.
DraftKings futures betting
For those unaware, futures betting is more of a long-term approach to betting. Instead of wagering on just one game, you could be placing a bet on something that will play out over the course of an entire season. With that being said, we put together a roundup of the futures markets you are able to bet on at DraftKings for teams from the great state of Illinois.
First up, let’s tackle DraftKings Sportsbook’s NFL futures markets because it is massive. At DK you can wager on the Chicago Bears, and every NFL team for that matter, to win the Super Bowl and so much more. There are futures for the AFC and NFC winner, each division winner, and season win totals. You also can bet on teams to make the playoffs and whether someone will go 0-16 or 16-0. On the player side of things, DraftKings has futures markets for the MVP winner, as well as Defensive and Offensive Player of the Year. You also can bet on who will lead the league in passing, receiving, and rushing yards. Fingers crossed that the Bears’ offense gets rolling so we can have some local flavor to wager on.
Moving to the NHL and the Chicago Blackhawks, at DraftKings online sportsbook you can place futures on the team you believe will win the Stanley Cup as well as the teams you think will win the Western and Eastern Conference titles. When it comes to player-specific futures, expect to be able to bet on the winner of the Hart Memorial Trophy, awarded to the regular season MVP, and the Conn Smythe Trophy, given to the playoff MVP.
If you’re hoping to place futures bets on the Cubs, White Sox, or any other MLB team, DraftKings’ futures market has you covered. You can put money on the team you believe will win the World Series, as well as the American or National League pennant. There also likely will be futures for the AL and NL MVP and Cy Young Award winner. It wouldn’t be surprising to see a market for the overall home run leader, too.
As for the Chicago Bulls and NBA, there are futures for the NBA Finals winner and conference champions, but also for the NBA draft. Near the start of the season, you will be able to bet on who will win the regular-season MVP award.
While you can bet on both the WNBA and MLS on DraftKings, the futures markets for those leagues are hit or miss. There’s a chance you won’t be able to place futures on the Sky, Fire, or any other teams in the leagues, but if you can, it’s likely all you will be able to bet on would be the eventual champion.
Banking options at DraftKings.com
DraftKings tends to fall behind with its banking options. While all the main depositing methods are available, things can get difficult when withdrawing funds quickly. Here’s everything you need to know about banking at DraftKings.
How to deposit
Here’s how you fund your sportsbook account. Make sure to deposit a minimum of $5.
- Online banking (ACH)
- Visa or Mastercard
- Wire transfer
How to cash out
Withdrawal options are limited at DraftKings, though there should be at least one method that suits you. Choose between:
- ACH (e-check)
- Check by mail
PayPal is the fastest withdrawal method, following e-check; however, receiving a check in the mail is outdated and takes a while to process and arrive.
DraftKings customer support
You can reach the DraftKings customer service team in Illinois through the site’s “Help” page. There, you can send a live chat message to a member of the customer support team that is available 24/7. The live chat option is along the bottom, right-hand side of the screen.
A direct online form is also available on the help page. There, you can provide a detailed message to the DK customer support team and the best way for them to contact you. If you send a message within regular business hours, the team will usually be in touch within the hour to help resolve your query. You’ll also receive a reference ticket number.
Of course, you can also email the Illinois team using the address listed on the help page, too.
Where is the DraftKings retail sportsbook?
DraftKings’ retail sportsbook is at DraftKings at Casino Queen in East St. Louis.
- Address: 200 S. Front St., East St. Louis, IL 62201
- Phone: 800-777-0777
- Website: casinoqueen.com/stlouis/sportsbook/
- Amenities: Betting kiosks and in-person betting windows
- Hours: 9 a.m.-11 p.m. daily
- Opened: May 2020
Is DraftKings the best sportsbook in Illinois?
DraftKings is among those with a legitimate claim of being the top sportsbook in Illinois.
We believe to be the best sportsbook in the state, it needs to check several boxes. It must have a great app for Android and iOS, have great promo and bonus offers for new and present customers and, of course, offer competitive odds. DraftKings checks all those boxes, so you can’t go wrong if you decide bet with DraftKings in Illinois.
To be the top dog, though, it will need to sustain it for the long haul. And we’ll be there, keeping track along the way.
History of DraftKings
DraftKings first launched as a fantasy sports platform based in Boston. It quickly became one of the leading platforms for fantasy gaming in the US.
DraftKings launched its first sportsbook in New Jersey when the laws around sports betting in the state were changed in June 2018. Since then, the sportsbook has been making its way across the country.
Beyond Illinois, DraftKings Sportsbook is now live in numerous states, including AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VT, VA, WV & WY.
DraftKings Illinois sportsbook summary
DraftKings’ years of experience in the fantasy sports industry has helped bring a great sportsbook to Illinois. DK has an attractive bonus offer: a bonus bet and a 20% deposit match.
The site and app are easy to use. If you’re running late on placing your bets, you’ll be registered and ready in minutes. The desktop site gives you an explanation of how to place individual bets, too, so you’ll never be left feeling intimidated or confused.
If you’re looking for an online sportsbook in Illinois that’s fast, responsive, and has a super-clean aesthetic, DraftKings is the way to go. Make sure to scroll up to use our link and claim the welcome offer.
DraftKings Sportsbook Illinois FAQs
To claim the top DraftKings Sportsbook welcome bonus you do not need to enter a promo code. Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa in March, and you’ll be eligible for the $2,050 welcome bonus.
No, due to Illinois sports betting rules and regulations, you are not allowed to bet on any Illinois-based colleges at licensed online sportsbooks.
Yes, when you open a DraftKings Sportsbook account you can bet on NBA first basketball betting markets. At DraftKings free throws do no count as a game’s first basket, so keep that in mind when placing your bet and when you line shop.