DePaul Basketball Odds
Betting on DePaul basketball games is now possible in Illinois. Gov. JB Pritzker signed House Bill 3136, making in-state college betting legal in Illinois.
The DePaul University men’s basketball team is looking to flip its culture after having just one winning season in the previous 10, and they have a new shot-caller in first-year head coach Tony Stubblefield.
Latest DePaul Blue Demons Odds
Today’s DePaul Odds, Lines
DePaul Final Four Odds
Big East Conference Odds
How to Bet on DePaul Basketball in Illinois
You can bet on in-state college teams in Illinois while at one of the retail sportsbook locations in Illinois. While you still can’t bet on Illinois college teams online, you can bet on college basketball games involving teams from other states. To get started, follow these steps:
- Create an Account: You’ll need to provide your name, email and the last four digits of your Social Security number. By signing up for an Illinois sportsbook online, you won’t miss out on any free bet offers and bonuses that new customers receive.
- Make a Deposit: In Illinois, you can deposit funds using a debit or credit card, ACH, e-check or PayPal. You can also deposit in person at an Illinois casino location.
- Bet at the Sportsbook: There are more than a dozen retail sportsbook locations where you can put your money down on DePaul games.
Closest retail sportsbooks to Chicago
There are a handful of retail sportsbooks near Chicago, where DePaul University is also located. PointsBet Sportsbook in Stickney is only 10 miles from DePaul’s campus in the Loop and BetRivers Sportsbook is at Rivers Casino in Des Plaines is also less than a half-hour drive from campus.
|PointsBet||Hawthorne Race Course|
|PointsBet||Club Hawthorne Crestwood|
|PointsBet||Player's Pub & Grill|
|Caesars||Grand Victoria Casino|
|FanDuel||FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing|
|DraftKings||DraftKings at Casino Queen|
DePaul Betting Lines Explained
- DePaul -150 Moneyline vs. NIU: DePaul is favored to win the game and a $150 bet would result in a $100 profit if the Blue Demons are victorious.
- DePaul -5.5 vs. NIU: DePaul needs to win by six points or more for the bet to cash. The 5.5 is referred to as “the spread.”
- DePaul vs. NIU over/under 130: Bettors can bet the combined score of each team to be over or under the point total given.
DePaul prop bets
A prop wager is a more specific bet within a game. An example would be betting Blue Demons’ junior Nick Ongenda to pull down over 8.5 rebounds in a game. Props on Illinois college athletes will not be available. Player props have caused much tension and debate in the legal sports betting market.
DePaul futures bet
As the name states, a futures bet is on a to-be-determined scenario. Betting the Blue Demons to win the Big East conference or that Stubblefield wins the Naismith Coach of the Year award are examples.
Why You Can Bet on Illinois College Teams Now
Illinois sports betting laws initially prohibited betting on in-state college games. However, the Illinois Senate and House passed HB 3136 during the October 2021 veto session, allowing in-person wagering in Illinois colleges and universities. This law won’t allow betting on Illinois colleges from a mobile device, only on-location at an Illinois sportsbook.
DePaul Basketball Schedule for 2021-22
Here’s the men’s basketball schedule for the DePaul Blue Demons:
|Wednesday, Nov. 10||Vs. Coppin State||97-72|
|Saturday, Nov. 13||Vs. Central Michigan||99-66|
|Thursday, Nov. 18||Vs. Rutgers||73-70|
|Saturday, Nov. 20||Vs. Western Illinois||84-80|
|Friday, Nov. 26||Vs. Northern Kentucky||77-68|
|Sunday, Nov. 28||Vs. Eastern Michigan||101-63|
|Saturday, Dec. 4||Vs. Loyola Chicago||68-64|
|Tuesday, Dec. 7||Vs. Duquesne||87-67|
|Friday, Dec. 10||@ Louisville||62-55|
|Tuesday, Dec. 14||@ UIC||72-66|
|Saturday, Dec. 18||@ Northwestern||CANCELED|
|Monday, Dec. 20||Vs. Creighton||POSTPONED|
|Thursday, Dec. 23||Vs. Seton Hall||POSTPONED|
|Wednesday, Dec. 29||@ Butler||2 p.m.
|Saturday, Jan. 1||Vs. Providence||11 a.m.|
|Wednesday, Jan. 4||@ St. John's||3:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, Jan. 8||Vs. Villanova||TBD|
|Tuesday, Jan. 11||@ Marquette||4 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Jan. 19||Vs. Xavier||6 p.m.|
|Saturday, Jan. 22||@ Creighton||2:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Jan. 25||@ Villanova||2 p.m.|
|Saturday, Jan. 29||Vs. UConn||3:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, Feb. 5||@ Xavier||11 a.m.|
|Wednesday, Feb. 9||Vs. Georgetown||6 p.m.|
|Saturday Feb, 12||@ Providence||3:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Feb. 15||Vs. Butler||6 p.m.|
|Saturday, Feb. 19||@ Seton Hall||5 p.m.|
|Thursday, Feb. 24||@ Georgetown||5 p.m.|
|Sunday, Feb. 27||Vs. St. John's||2 p.m.|
|Wednesday, March 2||Vs. Marquette||6 p.m.|
|Saturday, March 5||@ UConn||TBD|
DePaul Home Games
DePaul Blue Demons players and fans enjoy state-of-the-art amenities for all of their home games. Wintrust Arena is only three L stops from the DePaul loop and is located across the street from a 1,200 room Marriot hotel.
- Owner: Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority
- Capacity: 10,387
- Opening Date: Oct. 14, 2017
- Construction Cost: $173 million
- Other Events: Chicago Sky games, concerts
- Game Tickets: Season and single-game tickets for DePaul Blue Demons games are available on the school website. The DePaul Athletics Ticket Office is located in Sullivan Athletics Center, open during the workweek.
- DePaul COVID-19 Policies: DePaul game attendees 2 years and older must wear a face covering. Vaccinations are strongly encouraged but not required.
How to Listen to Blue Demons Basketball Games
DePaul games can be heard on AM 560 The Answer and/or AM 670 The Score for a majority of its games.
How to Watch DePaul Basketball College Games
Games can be viewed on these stations depending on the matchup:
- ACC Network
- Big Ten Network
- CBS Sports Network
- Fox Sports 1
Best Places to Watch DePaul College Basketball in Chicago
- Address: 649 Clark St.
- Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m. every day
First Draft is a great option for smoked meats and craft beer with plenty of TVs.
The Row Tavern
- Address: 17 Wabash Ave., second floor
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Tuesdays, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays, closed Mondays
The Row Tavern offers excellent bar food and an upscale atmosphere with over 50 TVs.
All Star Seafood and Sports
- Address: 730 Clark St.
- Hours: 4-10 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays
Bring some friends along and order seafood by the pound to eat throughout a college basketball Saturday.
How Did DePaul Do Last Year?
DePaul was outmatched in conference play last season, posting a 2-13 record again Big East opponents and an overall record of 5-14.
The highlight of the season was a 7-point victory in Milwaukee against Marquette University.
The Last Time the Blue Demons ….
- Were ranked was during the 2000-01 season when they spent time at 21 on the AP Poll.
- Went to the Final Four was in 1943 when head coach Ray Meyer led DePaul to a 19-5 record and ultimately a loss to Georgetown University. DePaul is still searching for its first NCAA Tournament championship.
Notable DePaul NBA Players, Past and Present
Here are some prominent Blue Demons to play in the NBA:
- Max Strus (current)
- Paul Reed Jr. (current)
- Mark Aguirre
- Wilson Chandler
- Tyrone Corbin
- Dave Corzine
- Terry Cummings
- Ed Mikan
- George Mikan
- Quentin Richardson
- Bobby Simmons
- Rod Strickland
Blue Demons Through the Years
- 1980s: This was a dominant decade for the Blue Demons. DePaul posted five seasons with above .900 win percentages and suffered no seasons below .500.
- 1990s: Only two NCAA Tournament appearances came in this decade. The best seasons were 1990-91 and 1991-92 when the Blue Demons went 20-9.
- 2000s: DePaul made the jump from Conference USA to the Big East starting in the 2005-06 season. The new kids on the block struggled a bit through the first four seasons, going above .500 only once.
- 2010s: Four head coaches were at the helm for DePaul during the 2010s and none could find sustained success. The 2018-19 team went 19-17; the only time the Blue Demons finished above .500.
- All-Time Record: Dating back to 1923, DePaul is 1492-1054 with a .586 win percentage.
- Conference Titles: DePaul was independent for 67 years before joining the Great Midwest Conference in 1991-92. Since then, they have had two conference championships between their time in the GWC, Conference USA and Big East.
- Consensus All-Americans: Dick Triptow (1944), George Mikan (1944, ’45 and ’46), Mark Aguirre (1980 and ’81), and Terry Cummings (1982) have had the distinct honor of representing DePaul as All-Americans.
- Career-Leading Scorer: Mark Aguirre impressively leads DePaul in all-time points with 2,182, despite playing only three seasons from 1978 to 1981.
- Career-Leading Rebounder: Andre Brown was a menace on the glass in the early 2000s, grabbing 855 rebounds in his career.