Loyola Chicago Basketball Odds
You can bet on Loyola basketball in Illinois.
The Loyola Chicago Ramblers men’s basketball team looks to build on its winning culture with a new head coach leading the way.
Former head coach Porter Moser, who led the Ramblers to a Final Four appearance in 2018 and a Sweet 16 appearance in 2021, left a high standard for first-year head coach Drew Valentine to meet. Valentine is also the youngest head coach in NCAA D1 men’s basketball at 30 years old. And come 2022-23, it will leave the Missouri Valley Conference to join the Atlantic 10. But for this season, it remains in the MVC.
Live Loyola Chicago Odds
Below you’ll find Loyola Chicago odds, bet types and the best places to watch Loyola. Though you must place your bet at a retail sportsbook at an Illinois casino, you can take a look at the live Ramblers spread odds here. You can bet on non-Illinois college teams at Illinois online sportsbooks.
Today’s Loyola Odds
Loyola MVC, Final Four Odds
How to Bet on Loyola Chicago in Illinois
You can only bet on Illinois collegiate teams in person, and you can do so at any of the retail sportsbook locations in the Prairie State. Here’s how to get started:
- Download an Illinois sports betting app and create your account. The sportsbook will likely ask for your name, email and the last four digits of your Social Security number. Be sure to sign up via the app first so you don’t miss out on any new player offers.
- Make a deposit by using any of the legal deposit methods on the sportsbook app will ensure you don’t miss out on any bonus bet bonuses and offers. In Illinois, you can deposit using a debit or credit card, online banking services, PayPal. You can also deposit via cash at an Illinois casino location.
- Visit the retail sportsbook to place a bet on the Illinois college team. You can bet at the Illinois casino’s sportsbook counter or kiosk.
Closest retail sportsbooks to Loyola University
BetRivers Sportsbook is the closest retail book in Chicago, located inside Rivers Casino. Another nearby option is PointsBet Sportsbook, which is at Hawthorne Race Course and all of the racetrack’s OTB sites.
|PointsBet||Hawthorne Race Course|
|PointsBet||Club Hawthorne Crestwood|
|PointsBet||Player's Pub & Grill|
|Caesars||Grand Victoria Casino|
|FanDuel||FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing|
|DraftKings||DraftKings at Casino Queen|
Loyola Chicago Betting Lines Explained
There are three core bet types when betting on college basketball. The examples listed are based on the Ramblers squaring off with the University of Illinois:
- Loyola -120 Moneyline Vs. Illinois: In a moneyline wager, the team you bet on needs to win the game for your ticket to cash. In the example above, -120 means you would need to wager $120 to win $100 because Loyola is favored to beat the Illini.
- Loyola -1.5 Vs. Illinois: In a bet against the spread, you would need Loyola to win by 1.5 points or more to win your bet.
- Loyola Vs. Illinois Over 140: When betting totals, you’re wagering whether the teams’ combined scores will be more or less than the given point total. Last year, Loyola Chicago beat Illinois outright in a March Madness upset despite the Illini being favored.
Ramblers prop bets
A prop bet is a wager on a more specific scenario within a game. An example would be a bet that senior forward Damezi Anderson scores 12 or more points in a game. However, it will not be legal to place player prop bets on Illinois college athletes in the near future. It is legal in some other states, but college player props are a point of contention in the legal sports betting market.
Loyola Chicago team futures bets
A team futures bet is wagering on a scenario that will take place later in the season. A few examples would be betting on Loyola to win the NCAA Tournament or the Ramblers to win more than 25 games in the regular season.
How Did Loyola Do Last Year?
Loyola was dominant last season, finishing 26-5 and winning the Missouri Valley Conference championship. Their marquee win came in the second round of the NCAA Tournament over the University of Illinois. The Ramblers ranked 12th in the final Coaches Top 25 poll but ultimately lost to Oregon State University in the Sweet 16.
The Last Time the Ramblers …
- Were ranked was at the end of last season when they landed the No. 12 spot in the Coaches Poll.
- Went to the Final Four was in 2018, where a loss to the University of Michigan ended the 11th seeded Ramblers’ Cinderella run.
- Won the NCAA Tournament was in 1963 when Loyola won by two points in an overtime nail-biter versus the University of Cincinnati. It remains the only time an Illinois college has won the NCAA Tournament.
Loyola Through the Years
- 1980s: Loyola posted winning seasons in six of 10 seasons during the span, with the peak coming in 1984-85 when the 27-6 Ramblers lost in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament.
- 1990s: The peak during this time was in 1997-98 when the Ramblers went 15-15. It’s safe to say the ’90s weren’t a proud time for the program. Luckily, Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls gave Windy City hoops fans plenty to cheer about during the decade.
- 2000s: The 2001-02 season was Loyola’s first in the Horizon League, and they started positively with a 17-13 record. They posted four above .500 seasons but no NCAA Tournament appearances.
- 2010s: The 12-season stint in the Horizon League ended when the Ramblers joined the Missouri Valley Conference in 2013-14. Former head coach Porter Moser caught the nation by storm in the 2018 NCAA Tournament when the 32-6 Ramblers made it to the Final Four. And, of course, Sister Jean became a college basketball folk hero during this era.
- All-Time Record: Loyola is 1372-1179 dating back to 1920, good for a .538 win percentage.
- National Titles: 1963 over the Cincinnati Bearcats.
- Conference Titles: Seven regular-season conference championships and three conference tournament championships.
- Consensus All-Americans: Only two Ramblers have been selected as All-Americans when Jerry Harkness won in 1963 and Michael Novak won in 1939. Career-Leading Scorer: Alfredrick Hughes scored 2,914 points during his career in 1982-86, 889 points ahead of the second-highest scoring Rambler.
- Career-Leading Rebounder: Larue Martin grabbed 1,062 missed shots over the course of his career from 1969-72.
Notable Recent Players, Coaches, etc.
- Sister Jean
- Porter Moser
- Cameron Krutwig
- Braden Norris
- Lucas Williamson
- Donte Ingram
- Marques Townes
- Clayton Custer
About Loyola Home Stadium
The Ramblers will be defending Joseph J. Gentile Arena (6525 Sheridan Road). It was recently remodeled in 2011 and offers an arena-like atmosphere, which helped the Ramblers reach a perfect 13-0 record at home last season.
Gentile Arena seats 5,000 fans after the original structure, built-in 1996, was updated with chair-back seating, a new video board and an LED scorer’s table. It also hosts concerts, speakers, career fairs and graduations.
If you’re looking to buy Loyola tickets, the box office is on the south side of the building at the main entrance.