Chicago Cubs Odds
The 2022 Chicago Cubs are off to a rough start to their season. This is a new era for the north side’s team, and that comes with some growing pains.
Despite that, Cubs fans in Illinois still have plenty to look forward to. Wrigley Field is expected to unveil its retail DraftKings Sportsbook, the first in-venue sportsbook in Illinois, sometime in 2023.
MLB fans can still have plenty of fun by betting on Chicago Cubs games.
Want to see where the Cubs division odds stack up against their NL Central rivals this season? What are the current odds for the Cubs to win the World Series?
Check the live odds from Illinois sportsbooks below to compare the team’s odds for various bet types.
Today’s Cubs odds
Cubs odds to win division
Cubs World Series odds
Next Up: Pittsburgh Pirates
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Recent Meetings With The Pirates
|Date||Home Team||Moneyline Odds||Total Runs||Result|
|Last 6 Totals||Overall Record: 3-3||O/U Record: 4-1-1|
Cubs Insights Vs Pirates
- Drew Smyly (1-4) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed 10 hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .235 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs rank 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of nine whiffs per contest.
- The Cubs have pitched to a 3.85 this season, which ranks 17th in baseball.
Chicago's Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record||Total Runs O/U/P||AVG Runs Scored||AVG Runs Allowed|
|6 - 4||2-0||4-4||3-5-2||4.6||3.1|
Betting Lines And Odds For Cubs Vs. Pirates
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
Cubs Betting Trends
- The Cubs have been favorites in eight games this season and have come away with the win four times (50%) in those contests.
- This season, Chicago has been victorious two times in four chances when named as a favorite of at least -160 or better on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 61.5% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Chicago has been favored just two times in their last 10 contests and won both matchups.
Cubs Players To Watch
- Willson Contreras has seven doubles, a triple, five home runs and 15 walks while hitting .275.
- Contreras is 48th in homers and 112th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Ian Happ's .280 batting average paces his team.
- Happ ranks 169th in homers and 73rd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Seiya Suzuki leads the Cubs with 18 runs batted in.
- Suzuki looks to pick up a hit for the seventh straight game in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .235 with three doubles, a triple, three walks and three RBI.
Injuries For Chicago Vs Pittsburgh
Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 10-Day IL (undisclosed), Daniel Norris: Active (undisclosed), Jason Heyward: 10-Day IL (illness), Nico Hoerner: 10-Day IL (ankle), Alec Mills: 10-Day IL (back), Sean Newcomb: 15-Day IL (ankle), Nick Madrigal: 10-Day IL (back), Adbert Alzolay: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Michael Hermosillo: 10-Day IL (quadricep), Clint Frazier: 10-Day IL (appendix), David Robertson: 10-Day IL (illness), David Bote: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Ethan Roberts: 10-Day IL (shoulder), Brad Wieck: 60-Day IL (elbow), Codi Heuer: 60-Day IL (elbow)
Pittsburgh Pirates: Roberto Pérez: 10-Day IL (hamstring), Jake Marisnick: 10-Day IL (thumb), Kevin Newman: 10-Day IL (groin), Greg Allen: 60-Day IL (hamstring), Blake Cederlind: 60-Day IL (elbow), Nick Mears: 60-Day IL (elbow)
Cubs Upcoming Games
Rules for betting on the Cubs in Illinois
Rules and promotions will vary based on the sportsbook, but generally, people can place bets on the moneyline, total and point spread (1.5 runs in either direction).
They can also bet on various player props.
For example, let’s say the Cubs are facing the Cardinals. The run total for the game is 8.5, the Cubs are favored on the moneyline at -150, but are not favored to win by more than one (-1.5 is listed at +120). If nine or more runs are scored, the over will cash, as will the Cubs on the moneyline if they win the game. If the Cubs win by two runs or more, they would also cover the -1.5 spread.
For player props, bettors can put action on anything ranging from a player hitting a home run to the amount of batters a pitcher will strike out. For example, let’s say Suzuki is listed at +400 to hit a home run. If Suzuki does, a $10 bet would net $40.
While we don’t know of any specifics yet, don’t be surprised to see DraftKings offer special Cubs promotions in the future, as they are the team’s official betting partner.
Chicago baseball betting news
Chicago Cubs Vs Pittsburgh Pirates Betting Preview And Props – September 30, 2021
Chicago Cubs Vs Pittsburgh Pirates Betting Preview And Props – September 29, 2021
2022 Cubs schedule
The Cubs open the 2022 season against the Brewers on April 7 at Wrigley Field. You can check out the full 2022 schedule here.
About Wrigley Field
Here’s everything you need to know about the home of the Cub, including how many fans can Wrigley Field hold:
- Location: Chicago
- Owner: Ricketts family
- Cubs Capacity: 41,649
- Dimensions: Left field – 355 ft.; Left-Center – 368 ft.; Center field – 400 ft.; Right-Center – 368 ft.; Right field – 353 ft.
- Surface: Grass
- Ground Breaking: March 4, 1914
- Opening Date: April 23, 1914
- Construction Cost: $250 million
- Other Events Hosted: Various concerts; 2009 Winter Classic; Northwestern vs. Illinois college football
Cubs COVID protocols
As of 2022, masks and vaccines are not required to enter Wrigley Field.
Chicago Cubs contact information
You can contact the Chicago Cubs sales office number is 1-800-843-2827. The Cubs box office is open 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the weekends. You can purchase Cubs tickets during the above hours, online at the Chicago Cubs website or by calling 1-800-THE-CUBS.
Chicago Cubs futures and prop betting
For additional opportunities to bet on the Cubs, be sure to take the time to explore the offerings in the futures and prop markets. Futures are wagers that you can place on season-long results, while props are additional ways to bet on the individual games.
You can find futures bets by clicking on the dedicated MLB tab at online and mobile sportsbooks. Odds for futures come out during the offseason, and the market will remain active all year round. Here are some of the most popular ways to wager:
- Bet on Cubs to win the World Series.
- Wagers for Cubs to win league, division or make playoffs.
- Over/under on Cubs regular-season win totals.
- Wager on Cubs players to win MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, etc.
When wagering on futures, the idea is to find the best possible prices on the selections you want. You can shop around at multiple books to find them, and you can expect to see movement in the numbers as fortunes rise and fall.
One other note to keep in mind: futures require a long-term perspective as you can’t cash in a winning ticket until the results are known. For potential returns, consider that a winning $100 wager on the Cubs to win the World Series at odds of +2,500.
That would lead to a return of a whopping $2,500. Naturally, the returns will be much less for wagers at lesser odds, but it’s easy to see how potentially lucrative this exciting market can be when you make the right call.
For props, you’ll find some of the season-long variety in the futures market as well. Many of these will revolve around player statistical accomplishments, such as:
- Over/under on total home runs for Seiya Suzuki.
- Total number of strikeouts for Kyle Hendricks.
- Which player will win the NL batting title?
On the individual games, you can find props by clicking through on the game listing. You’ll find props that are on team performances and what will happen for the game as a whole. Many of the most popular props revolve around what individual players will accomplish:
- Total hits plus walks for Patrick Wisdom – over/under 1.5?
- How many strikeouts will Marcus Stroman have – over/under 6.5?
- Will Willson Contreras hit a HR – Yes/No?
Props of this nature bring a bit of a fantasy sports flavor over to sports betting, so those who have found success in that realm can use it as a natural entry point when looking to get started. These are bets that can also enhance the enjoyment of the individual contests, and they provide more ways to win to boot.
How did the Cubs do last season?
They went 71-91 in the 2021 season and missed the Playoffs. The Cubs traded Anthony Rizzo, Kris Bryant and Javier Baez, signaling a clear rebuild.
Here is the Cubs’ regular-season record for every year over the last decade:
- 2021: 71-91 (Missed playoffs)
- 2020: 34-26 (Lost in NL wild card round)
- 2019: 84-78 (missed playoffs)
- 2018: 95-68 (Lost in NL wild card round)
- 2017: 92-70 (Lost in NLCS)
- 2016: 103-58 (Won World Series)
- 2015: 97-65 (Lost in NLCS)
- 2014: 73-89 (Missed playoffs)
- 2013: 66-96 (Missed playoffs)
- 2012: 61-101 (Missed playoffs)
- 2011: 71-91 (Missed playoffs)
How to watch, stream and listen to Cubs games
Games air on TV on the Marquee Sports Network as of 2020. You can listen to their games locally on AM 670 The Score. With a subscription, fans can also stream the games on MLB.TV. Marquee Sports Network is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group and is devoted exclusively to Cubs baseball.
There will also be at least 81 chances to see the boys in blue at Wrigley Field, located on the north side of Chicago. Fans can place mobile action on games at any of Illinois’ online sportsbooks before heading to Wrigley Field to see the outcome in person.
Cubs choose DraftKings as official sports betting sponsor
The Illinois sports betting market is shaping up to be super competitive. The top operators are all looking for ways to stand apart from the crowd, and one has just inked a deal that should help them do so in big league fashion.
The Cubs have chosen DraftKings as the team’s first official and exclusive sports betting partner. Long-term plans call for a branded sportsbook at Wrigley Field. In the short term, you can expect to see DraftKings signage throughout the iconic venue.
It’s safe to say that DraftKings will also have a presence on Cubs media properties, including radio and TV broadcasts, websites and social media. DraftKings has emerged as a leading operator in a number of legal states, and the company is well on its way to doing the same in Illinois.
The DraftKings sports betting app has continually received high marks across the industry. There’s a good selection of ongoing promotional opportunities, as well as a stellar live betting feature. This recently signed deal appears poised to be a win-win for both the Cubs and DraftKings.
History of Chicago Cubs
One of the most storied franchises in MLB, Chicago cracked its World Series draught in 2016. Before then, the Cubs hadn’t won a World Series since 1908:
- Established: 1876
- Retired Numbers: 10, 14, 23, 26, 31, 42
- Seasons: 145
- Record: 11,016-10,430 (.514)
- Playoff Appearances: 21
- Pennants: 17
- World Championships: Three
- Winningest Manager: Cap Anson, 1,282-932, (.579)
Chicago Cubs FAQ
Tom Ricketts owns the Cubs. He purchased the team from the Tribune Company in 2009.
Before the Tribune Company, the Wrigley family owned the Cubs for 65 years. The Tribune Company purchased the team in 1981.
Prices vary depending on the game, date and seat, but tickets run anywhere from $15 to well over $100. Rooftop tickets generally cost hundreds of dollars.
Cubs bleacher seats costs around $40, typically.
In 2019, the Cubs had the sixth-most expensive ticket price in MLB at $93. The Red Sox had the most expensive ticket prices in the league.
Known as the “lovable losers,” the Cubs famously endured a 100-year plus World Series draught.
However, they snapped that draught in 2016. In total, they have won three World Series — in 1907, 1908 and 2016.
The Cubs are one of the most popular franchises in MLB, as the most well-known team in the third-biggest city in the US, Chicago.
The Cubs are the fourth-most valuable team in baseball according to Forbes and are listed at $3.2 billion.
Before them are the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers and Boston Red Sox. The Cubs are followed by the San Francisco Giants and New York Mets.
There have been 50 players who have been inducted into the Hall of Fame, but some did not play the majority of their games for the Cubs.
Among the most noteworthy Cubs to enter the Hall of Fame are Ernie Banks, Andre Dawson, Fergie Jenkins, Ryne Sandberg and Ron Santo.
Sammy Sosa, one of the greatest Cubs of all time, has yet to be inducted to the Hall of Fame due to his alleged steroid use.