ESPN Bet Sportsbook Illinois – App Review & Bonus Code
ESPN BET Sportsbook launched on November 14, 2023, in Illinois. Join ESPN BET today and receive $1,200 in sign-up bonuses, no ESPN Sportsbook promo code is required.
Best Illinois sportsbook sign-up offers in March
We expect ESPN BET to compete with DraftKings and FanDuel for supremacy in the Illinois sports betting marketplace. In short, ESPN BET Sportsbook presents another first-rate sports betting option for those in Illinois. Now, let’s dive into the new sportsbook in greater detail, including that $1,200 welcome bonus.
ESPN BET Illinois promo code for March 2024
Join ESPN BET Sportsbook in Illinois and get a two-part sign-up bonus worth $1,200. You do not need an ESPN Sportsbook promo code to be eligible.
|ESPN Bet Promo Code
|$1,000 deposit match + $200 in bonus bets with first bet
|20x playthrough on deposit match
|Welcome bonus & Daily promos
|November 14, 2023
|March 3, 2024
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see ESPN BET Sportsbook in Illinois for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Maximizing the ESPN BET welcome offer
There are two parts to the ESPN Sportsbook welcome bonus. First, there is a 100% deposit match up to $1,000. ESPN awards you bonus funds which come with a 20x playthrough requirement. All your bets with odds of -200 or longer count toward the requirement. So, make a $20 spread bet at -110 odds and $1 in bonus funds will be released. You have 30 days to clear this bonus.
Second, is a bet and get bonus worth $200. Simply place your first bet and ESPN gives you four $50 bonus bets. Use the bonus bets however you want, just be sure to place your bets with them before they expire after seven days.
Starting out at ESPN BET in Illinois
ESPN BET Sportsbook makes it easy to register. No ESPN Sportsbook promo code is needed for the $1,200 welcome bonus, which sets the tone for the rest of the experience. To register and deposit, you’ll need to be 21 or older. When making bets, you’ll need to be inside the state of Illinois.
ESPN BET sign-up process on desktop
- First, click where it says “Sign Up” in the page header.
- Next, add your password, username, and email address to the sign-in form.
- At this point, you’ll use any promo code you have in the optional promotion code box. As noted, this isn’t required in most cases.
- After adding your information, click “Next Step.”
- ESPN BET then presents a series of security questions. Pick two that you can remember and give answers. Jot these down on your computer for safekeeping.
- Users receive the option to receive a sign-in email or to answer security questions at each log in. Choose your preferences.
- Finally, add your phone number, address, full legal name, and the final four digits of your SS number.
ESPN BET sign-up process on mobile
- Depending on your device, click on the “App Store” or “Google Play” button at the bottom of the homepage.
- On Google Play, click “Install” to begin the download and installation process. Follow the standard app verification and download process for Android.
- When you visit the App Store, click “Get” to begin the process. Again, follow the usual steps you use to download an app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the icon on your device’s desktop. It should take 1 to 2 minutes to finish the installation. Click on the icon to begin registration.
- Submit the same information that desktop users do: password, username, email address, phone number, address, full legal name, and SS number.
- You might have to verify your ID. If so, drag and drop photo identification when prompted. A driver’s license from any US state should work.
ESPN BET mobile app rating (4.3/5)
The ESPN betting app works well for iOS users, though Android bettors give the app much lower marks. The parlay builder tool and boosted bets work well in the mobile sportsbook.
- Ease of logging in: 4.3/5 –The desktop login requires only one password. Sign in on mobile using a fingerprint technique or facial recognition.
- Ease of placing bets: 4.1/5 – Android users report a lot of issues. The iPhone experience is much better, though parlay is the default bet.
- Overall speed: 4.1/5 – Some have reported slow-loading pages, but these weren’t apparent when we visited the site.
- Ability to place parlays: 4.4/5 – The parlay tool worked well and is intuitive for a new user. Points off for the iPhone experience mentioned above.
- Ability to place single-game parlays: 4.2/5 – Again, the bet slip tool makes it easy to make single-game parlay bets.
- Overall: 4.3/5: The layout is easy with a simple, logical design. Promotions are the exception, as they aren’t found easily. Android bettors might not like the app.
ESPN Sportsbook vs. DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings Sportsbook stands out as a better option than ESPN BET at a glance, but ESPN BET is better at the basics, such as standard odds and its general terms and conditions. And both welcome bonuses are virtually identical.
|Easy to make
|Slightly complicated to make
|Better welcome bonus terms
Live betting options at ESPN BET
The live betting page has a simple layout. You’ll see a menu at the top with several categories for that day: All, Baseball, Cricket, Football, Soccer, and Tennis. Underneath that, you’ll see featured games by categories, such as NFL, MLB, WTA Cincinnati, CFL, and similar entries.
To your left, you’ll see a list of sports and events with the word “Live” in red when games are underway. This way, bettors can browse in-game betting events quickly. If you don’t see your preferred sport, scroll down the page and look to the left.
To your right, you’ll see the bet slip under the word “Betslip.” This offers a quick tool for making straight bets or parlay bets.
Live betting scoreboard
Each live betting event has its own constantly updating box score. This provides live updates for games in progress. For instance, if the Chicago Bears are playing the Green Bay Packers, you’ll see a miniature box that looks a bit like a scoreboard. This box has the two teams, the score, the quarter, and the time left in the quarter.
It shows which team has the ball, what the down and distance are on the current drive, and a scale at the bottom with the yard line. It also lists the live spread, total, and moneyline odds.
Banking, customer service, and setting limits at ESPN BET Sportsbook
ESPN BET Sportsbook has several banking methods for deposits and cashouts. It has tools to help you set limits on deposits, betting, losses, and time spent on the site. Anyone with issues can contact the site’s representatives through emails, chat, and telephone. Here is the technical information on funding your account, contacting service reps, and setting responsible gaming limits.
How to make deposits and withdrawals
Most of the payment options have a deposit minimum of $10. Those who use a paper check have a minimum deposit of $250. The upward limit on most deposit options is $10,000. Anyone using online banking or a paper check for their payments has a $5000 limit.
ESPN BET deposits
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- ACH or E-Check: Using VIP Preferred
- Online Banking
- Cash at Casino: Hollywood Casino Aurora’s cashier cage can fund your account or cash out
ESPN BET withdrawals
- ACH or E-check: Using VIP Preferred
- Paper Check
- Online Banking
- Cash at Casino: Hollywood Casino Aurora cashier cage
PayPal withdrawals appear in your account within minutes. Moving the money to your bank takes an additional day. Play+ funds should be available at any ATM nationwide. They’re also available where Discover Card is accepted. Again, the money should arrive instantly. When you use online banking, e-check, or ACH, you should expect payment to arrive in 3-5 business days.
How to contact ESPN BET customer service in Illinois
When you get to the “Contact Us” page, click on “Email Us.” A contact form appears with input boxes for your email address, subject line, and description. In the description box, enter your question or comments. ESPN BET promises to have a member of the support staff respond “as soon as possible.”
If you have trouble finding the contact form, follow these instructions.
- Click “Support” at the bottom of the homepage under the “Betting” menu. This opens another tab to the Help Center.
- Next, click on “Account Information.” This opens to four FAQ questions. The third question is labeled “Contact Us.” Click this option.
- This opens the “Contact Us” page. The three options are requesting a callback, opening a chat, or emailing the customer support staff. From here, all three contact options are at your fingertips.
ESPN BET also has a live chat feature. Scroll to the bottom left of any page and click “Support.” This brings up a live chat box with the question “How can we help?”
To initiate a phone call, visit the “Contact Us” page and click on “Request Callback.” This takes you to the same live chat option. When prompted, give your phone number and ask for a return call from ESPN BET.
How to set limits at ESPN sports betting
ESPN BET offers a complete set of tools to help users set responsible gaming limits. It has five different parameters that you can set, each based on a monthly, weekly, or daily limit. Each user can set their limits once per time period. Once set, they remain effective for the designated period.
- Deposit Limit: Self-impose a payment limit for a given day, week, or month.
- Spend Limit: Impose a limit on how much you bet in a given day, week, or month.
- Loss Limit: Set a limit on the losses you can have in a given day, week, or month.
- Time Limit: You can even set a limit on the time spent on ESPN Bet. Once exceeded, you’re kicked off until the period ends.
- Max Single Wager Limit: To assure you don’t escalate bet size, you can set a maximum single bet amount.
If none of these limits satisfy you, then players can impose a cool-off period. This is a self-exclusion ability that runs from three days to three months. If you choose this option, you’ll be blocked by the site for that period.
Is the ESPN sportsbook legal in Illinois?
Yes. The Illinois Gaming Board licensed ESPN BET. The sportsbook’s land-based partner is Hollywood Casino Aurora, which is part of Penn Entertainment’s expansive US casino network. The new ESPN sportsbook is a partnership between ESPN and Penn Entertainment, so it is safe, legal, and expected to become a top legal US online sportsbook.
To play at ESPN BET in Illinois, you’ll need to have an account and be inside Illinois state borders. While the site has several online and mobile payment methods, bettors also can deposit and withdraw funds at Hollywood Casino Aurora.
ESPN BET Sportsbook betting locations and partnerships
ESPN BET Sportsbook partners with Hollywood Casino Aurora, which is 41 miles to the west of Chicago. Penn Entertainment owns the Hollywood Casino, which acts as a retail sportsbook. It’s also a deposit and withdrawal method for the ESPN sportsbook.
ESPN BET Sportsbook Illinois FAQ
Sign up with ESPN Sportsbook in Illinois and get a two-part welcome bonus worth $1,200. There is no ESPN BET Sportsbook promo code needed to claim this offer.
ESPN BET Sportsbook came online in Illinois on Tuesday, November 14, 2023.
Yes. ESPN BET has a full list of sports betting markets on the Chicago Bears. That includes point spreads, moneylines, and over/under bets. It also includes live bets such as game props, team props, and player props.
The same goes for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks, the White Sox, and the Cubs. If you want to bet on Northwestern or the Fighting Illini, it’s all there on ESPN BET.
It does. Though DraftKings pioneered the early cash-out option, top sportsbooks like ESPN BET have adopted the practice. You can cash out early on either straight bets or parlays.
Sports wager winnings are taxable income and must be reported as such if winnings total $600 or more in a year. If that’s the case, ESPN BET will send all applicable tax forms by Jan. 31 of the tax year. If you don’t receive a W-2G form but you are certain you won more than $600 that year, you are required to report those winnings. Gamblers should consult their personal accountant for all tax questions.
You cannot subtract the cost of a wager from any winnings that you collect. However, a person can claim gambling losses as a tax deduction if they itemize their deductions. Your deductions for gambling losses cannot exceed the gambling income that you claimed. Also, you can’t use gambling losses to reduce your other taxable income.
Yes, the Illinois Gaming Board licenses and regulates the ESPN BET operation. Also, ESPN BET partners with the Hollywood Casino Aurora for its business in Illinois. Obviously, ESPN is a giant in sports media, much like Penn Entertainment in the gambling world. These are incredibly legit companies.