FanDuel Casino Illinois Promo Code & Review
Disclaimer: Online casinos are not yet legal in Illinois. This review is speculative and will be updated if and when FanDuel Casino launches in Illinois.
Newcomers to FanDuel Online Casino will qualify for its generous Play It Again welcome bonus. Deposit at least $10 and use it to play any of FanDuel’s great games. FanDuel will replace any net loss you incur during your first 24 hours up to $1,000. No FanDuel promo code is necessary to qualify for either portion of FanDuel’s Play It Again promo.
Already available in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Michigan, West Virginia and Connecticut, FanDuel Casino is on its way to Illinois in partnership with FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing in Collinsville.
FanDuel is a familiar name to fans of its daily fantasy sports app. With years of experience operating a DFS site in the United States, FanDuel already has firm relationships with a wide range of banking methods, making deposits and cash-outs a breeze.
Keep reading to learn more about the Play It Again welcome bonus. We also cover the app’s strengths, weaknesses and, of course, all the great games you’ll find at FanDuel Casino Illinois.
FanDuel Casino Illinois welcome promo for $1,000 in February 2024
Sign up for your new FanDuel Casino online account in Illinois to qualify for up to $1,000 in bonus credits to welcome you to the site. No FanDuel promo code is needed to qualify for either part of FanDuel’s Play It Again welcome bonus.
FanDuel Casino Illinois promo code 2024
|FanDuel Casino Promo Code
|First day up to $1,000 back on any net loss for a day
|Still to be determined
FanDuel Casino welcome promo details
FanDuel’s Play It Again welcome offer is an easy way to give the site’s great casino games a try with less risk to your own wallet. To get started, just make a deposit of $10 or more and play any casino games you like. Any net loss you incur is covered up to $1,000. No promo code is needed to qualify.
Here’s how the Play it Again bonus works. For 24 hours after you place your first wager, FanDuel will calculate any net loss and reimburse you 100% up to $1,000 in bonus dollars.
This promotion, as well as all other FanDuel Casino Illinois offers, carries a top-notch wagering requirement of just 1x. Only bonus dollars will need to be wagered once to meet the rollover, unlike other online casinos that will ask you to meet the rollover for your deposit cash as well.
Yet another positive with FanDuel’s promotions is that you can play any casino game you like when playing your bonus dollars through one time. All casino games will contribute equally toward the rollover. You have a full week to play your bonus dollars through that single time.
FanDuel’s 24 hours of net loss coverage up to $1,000 is a great offer on its own, but that’s not all you can take advantage of when you sign up for a new account.
How to open a FanDuel Casino account in Illinois
To benefit from FanDuel’s Play It Again welcome bonus, you need only sign up for a new account in Illinois. You must be at least 21 years of age to register. Keep in mind that you can open your new account from anywhere, but you must be physically located within Illinois’ borders at the time of actual online wagering.
To get started with the registration process, navigate to the standalone FanDuel Casino site for Illinois. Then, tap the “Join Now” button to open a new registration window.
Once your account is verified, you’ll have 24 hours to place your first bet to qualify. You’ll also need to add $10 or more to your online wallet in order to qualify for both parts of the Play It Again welcome offer.
Other FanDuel Casino promotions
FanDuel keeps its promotional offers fresh by rotating them frequently. You’ll find specific offers for every day of the week, as well as on all types of games.
You will likely find offers for cashback on specific wagers, rewards for playing a select slot or table game, shared leaderboard prize pools and even special prize draws. Be sure to check new offers frequently to get the most value for your wagers.
Here are a few past examples of FD promotions:
- Cashback on Slot of the Week: At the time of this review, FanDuel featured a slot game from the Australian game studio ReelPlay called El Dorado Infinity Reels. To take advantage of this promotion and others like it, players were required to wager $50 on that game in order to receive cashback bonus dollars of $5. FanDuel’s market-leading 1x rollover applied.
- Cashback on Blackjack: Receive up to $250 in bonus money cashback when you wager a certain amount playing blackjack games over the promotional time period.
- $400,000 Leaderboard Drawing: Earn entries for a chance to take home a share of a $400,000 prize pool. Earn one entry into the drawing each time you wager a set amount during the promotional period.
- No-Sweat wagers: FanDuel may offer a general promotion similar to the Play It Again sign-up offer, but for established patrons. As with the welcome bonus, when you opt into the promotion and make a deposit, you will be reimbursed in bonus dollars for any net loss you may incur over a specific time frame.
- Deposit Bonus Day: On More Money Monday, opt into the offer and you’ll receive $10 in bonus money when you deposit at least $100 on a Monday.
FanDuel Casino Illinois app
The FanDuel Casino mobile app is available for Apple and Android phones and tablets, as well as mobile and desktop browsers. Geolocation software is included in the app, but browser users will need to go one step further. As soon as you click on any casino game, you will be invited to download and install a geolocation plugin.
The FanDuel app is built on the award-winning GameStack platform from global software giant GAN. We are confident that players will like the FanDuel app. Featuring defined graphics and stable gameplay, the GameStack platform offers a stable interface and intuitive navigation.
Top features on the FanDuel Casino app
We picked a few of our favorite features of the FanDuel app to spotlight in this review. But keep in mind that these are just some of the app’s strengths. We recommend you try this casino out yourself to discover all the other positive qualities.
- Top-notch app: Frankly, the FanDuel app is fantastic. FanDuel has a long history of fine-tuning its DFS vertical to appeal to US-based patrons, and you’ll find that experience on display with the online casino app.
- Familiar and trusted US-based brand: FanDuel founded its DFS product in 2009 and now serves more than 12 million players. This company knows what works in Illinois and other states. You’ll find a smoothly functioning customer support team and a wide range of banking options, among other pluses.
- Industry best 1x rollover: If you sign up for a significant number of online casinos, you’ve likely seen many rollover requirements of 10x, 15x and 20x, on up to 35x. FanDuel’s is always 1x. At FanDuel, the 1x rollover only applies to bonus dollars. You will never have to meet a rollover on your cash balance, and it’s never restricted. You can withdraw your cash at any time. Top drawer and upfront? Welcome to FanDuel.
Our rosy outlook on FanDuel’s positive attributes aside, there are a few areas where we’d like to see this online casino improve:
- Lack of rewards program: FanDuel offers a loyalty program for patrons of its sportsbook, DFS and horse racing verticals, but not for casino customers. If you’re reading this review specifically to find out the scoop on FanDuel Online Casino, what does this state of affairs say to you? We are quite certain that FanDuel Casino patrons are every bit as loyal and important as any other customer. FanDuel should rectify this oversight soon.
- Smaller game library: FanDuel originally integrated casino games into its online sportsbook with the idea that sports bettors could kill time playing casino games during halftime or other breaks in the action. Since those early days, FanDuel has realigned its strategy and currently places a much heavier emphasis on the casino, but the game library remains undersized, a trace of those humble beginnings. In Illinois, it will take time for all online casinos to grow their game libraries, so FanDuel will likely start on equal footing with everyone else. In other states, FanDuel may offer about 250 titles while six or seven competitors may offer more than 1,000 games. It should bolster its offerings.
- Lack of niche titles: Some casinos — DraftKings IL and BetMGM Illinois — can offer exclusive, in-house developed games. By contrast, FanDuel does not have a game development department. You are also more likely to find niche slots, such as scratch card and wordplay games, on other casinos. FanDuel does offer the most popular, mainstream titles and software studios, along with all of the top-paying progressive jackpot slots. Whether these differences will inconvenience you will likely depend on why you like to play casino games in the first place. Is it for the gameplay? Or do you like playing for the chance to win a large sum of money? Right now, FD may slightly let down players who are in it for game exploration and creativity.
Casino games on the FanDuel Illinois app
While it will take some time for new online casinos to catch up to established sites in other states, eventually Illinois FanDuel will afford access to more than 250 casino and table games on the app. This includes a wide variety of slots, progressive jackpot slots, blackjack, video poker, roulette, baccarat and more.
Live dealer games aren’t available in every state, as each jurisdiction has to have its own live studio where games are streamed directly to your device. Even so, chances are good that Illinois players will have access to live dealer games sooner rather than later.
FanDuel makes it easy to sort and filter the games. New and featured titles are displayed in the game lobby. Just click on filters in the navigation bar to sort titles into specific categories, such as all slots, jackpots, live casino, blackjack, roulette, table games and favorite titles. There’s also a simple search function if you’re looking for a specific title.
FanDuel Online Casino IL does not present the largest game library in Illinois. But what FanDuel does provide is a representative sample of the highest quality and most popular games on the market.
If you’re looking for something niche or obscure, FanDuel is probably not going to have it. What you will find is the most popular game titles from big-name game studios like IGT, NetEnt, Shuffle Master, Lightning Box Games, NextGen, Bally, Barcrest, Red Tiger Gaming, SG Digital, ReelPlay and more.
If you’re looking for progressive jackpot slots with proven histories of six-figure payouts, you’ll find them FanDuel Casino IL. Look for these popular progressive jackpot slots:
- Wild Fury (IGT)
- Candy Bars (IGT)
- Divine Fortune (NetEnt)
- Mercy of the Gods (NetEnt)
- Vegas Nightlife (NetEnt)
- Wheel of Fortune Ruby Riches (IGT)
- 88 Fortunes (Shuffle Master)
- Lightning Leopard (Lightning Box)
- Lightning Horseman (Lightning Box)
Other popular slot games include the following titles:
- Flame (NextGen)
- Fu Dao Le (Bally)
- Twin Spin Megaways (NetEnt)
- Finn’s Golden Tavern (NetEnt)
- Mystery Reels (Red Tiger Gaming)
- El Dorado Infinity Reels (ReelPlay)
- Road to Riches: Race Day (Barcrest)
- Wheel of Fortune Ruby Riches (IGT)
- Monopoly Lunar New Year (SG Digital)
- Hurricane Horse Coin Combo (SG Digital)
- Quick Hit Ultra Pays Eagle’s Peak (Bally)
- Jin Ji Bao Xi Megaways (Shuffle Master)
- Betti the Yetti Rapid Rewards (High 5 Games)
Decisions, decisions. There are many games to choose from, and it can be hard to make up your mind. If you need a little pointer or two, we think you might enjoy one or more of these fun and exciting games:
- The Codex of Fortune: If you’re a fan of brain teasers, you’ll like this Art Nouveau-themed, puzzle-themed slot from NetEnt. A follow-up to the old favorite Turn Your Fortune, this version features a 5×4 grid with 40 fixed paylines, a wagering range from $0.20 up to $1.00, and a maximum payout of 10,000x your original wager. This highly volatile slot features gameplay that’s all about climbing the five-tier prize ladder in a couple of bonus rounds.
- Clash of the Beasts: From Red Tiger Gaming, this six-reel, 40-payline game is a beastly good time. Featuring two bonus rounds, symbol swaps and nudges, look for the beast symbols to combine their powers to bring home the biggest wins up 1286.5x your original wager. This game features medium volatility and an average return to player percentage (RTP) of 95.74%.
- Gypsy 3 Triple Tarot: An upgrade of the popular Gypsy slot from High 5, this game features a classic 5×3 reel grid with 243 paylines and bonus features that include a bonus spins round, wilds and scatter symbols. This high-variance game has an average RTP of 96.0%. This means that you’re not likely to see a lot of small to medium wins. But if you do get lucky, the payout for this game will make it worth your while.
- Mad Mad Monkey: This whimsical jungle-themed puzzle from NextGen features five reels and 50 paylines and has 350 different line and line-bet combinations. With spins starting from as little as $0.02, it can be enjoyed by slot players of all levels and bank balances.
What about table games?
If you’re interested in games other than casino slots, FanDuel is likely to eventually offer a solid selection of about 20 table games, including several variants of blackjack and roulette, video and table poker games, baccarat and more.
In addition to blackjack, video and table poker and roulette (covered in separate sections below), FanDuel Casino IL is likely to offer a few table betting games such as First Person Craps, First Person Top Card and First Person Dream Catcher, a fun roulette-style game.
FanDuel Casino offers four versions of baccarat, including Baccarat Professional Series, First Person Baccarat and First Person Dragon Tiger.
Live dealer games are the closest thing to land-based casino table games that you’ll find online. Live dealer games feature real dealers, dealing real cards and roulette wheels, while you get to play your hand from the comfort of your own home (or wherever else within the state). You can even use an online chat feature to talk with the dealer and other players.
Live dealer games are streamed live to your device from an actual game studio. Whether live dealer casino games will be offered in Illinois is unknown. Because each state has its own regulated gambling industry and oversight division, every state is required to have its own live dealer studio.
Along with three games simply titled “Blackjack,” FanDuel Casino offers an Evolution Gaming version of First Person Blackjack. You’ll also find SG Digital titles such as Blackjack Blazing 7s and Zappit Blackjack.
Fans of multi-hand blackjack may find a number of varieties, along with specialty versions such as Blackjack Poker & Pairs. This game offers optional side bets on whether you’ll be dealt identical cards at the start of each hand.
FanDuel Casino IL should offer a decent selection of roulette, including First Person Lightning Roulette and First Person Roulette from Evolution Gaming.
Other titles are likely to include:
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
You’ll also find Double Double Bonus Spin Roulette from IGT, the popular table game software studio.
IGT fans will be happy to learn that FanDuel has a working relationship with the table game supplier. Expect to find a whole range of the wildly popular Game King Video Poker games, including multi-hand Five Play Draw Poker, Triple Play Draw Poker and Ten Play Draw Poker. Minimum wagers begin at just $0.10.
Other table poker games likely to be available in Illinois include:
- Casino Hold’em Poker
- Casino War
- Let It Ride
- Texas Hold’em Plus
- 3 Card Stud
Free and real money casino games at FanDuel
One advantage of FanDuel is the ability to try some games out for free in demo mode. While you can’t win any real money prizes in demo mode, you get to try a game without risking any of your own hard-earned dollars.
When a game is available to play in demo mode, go ahead and click the button to get started playing for free. FanDuel will give you plenty of free credits to play with.
When you’re ready to play the game with actual wagers, just close out the game interface and then open it again in real money mode.
FanDuel online casino payment methods
FanDuel Casino has a wide range of available banking options for transferring money into your online account. To make a minimum deposit of $10, just click the bright green ‘plus’ button in the top right corner of the screen. Then, tap the ‘Add Funds‘ button and select a deposit option from the listed choices of secure banking methods.
If cash-at-cage transactions are available in Illinois, you may be able to travel to FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing in Collinsville to make a withdrawal in person.
FanDuel Casino is likely to accept the following banking options for deposits:
- MasterCard and Visa cards (Credit and debit)
- PayPal, Venmo, Skrill (Online eWallets)
- Online Banking (ACH eCheck)
- FanDuel Play+ (Prepaid card)
- PayNearMe (Cash voucher through retailers like Family Dollar, CVS Pharmacy, and 7-Eleven).
- Wire transfer
- Personal check
If cash at cage is an option, you may be able to make a deposit if you visit the sportsbook’s cage located at FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing located at 9301 Collinsville Rd, Collinsville, IL.
Again, most banking options will require you to set up an account via a deposit before you can use it to make a withdrawal.
FanDuel Casino is likely to accept the following banking options for withdrawals:
- PayPal, Venmo, Skrill (Online eWallets)
- Online Banking (ACH eCheck)
- FanDuel Play+ (Prepaid card)
- Check by mail
If cash at cage is an option, you may be able to make a withdrawal if you visit the sportsbook’s cage located at FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing located at 9301 Collinsville Rd, Collinsville, IL.
FanDuel customer service
Along with a thorough and complete Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section, FanDuel provides patrons with a number of avenues to seek help.
You can visit the Help Center via the drop-down account menu under your profile icon or via links found at the bottom of the full-size page on a web browser or tablet.
While hours may vary from state and you should always double-check the FanDuel IL site, available times are likely to be similar to the following Michigan hours:
- Email: [email protected] (24/7)
- Phone: 800-475-2250 (10 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST)
- Live chat: Via live chat icon located at the bottom right-hand side of the game lobby from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. EST.
You’ll also find a number of self-help tools for responsible gaming purposes, including options to self-control time spent on the site, as well as budget parameters.
Is FanDuel legal in Illinois?
Yes. Illinois became the 15th US state to legalize online sports wagering when Gov. JB Pritzker signed the Sports Wagering Act into law on June 28, 2019. FanDuel Sportsbook Illinois launched in August 2020.
Since then, the site has become one of the top sports betting apps in the state. For the purposes of its sports wagering license, FanDuel was originally partnered with the Par-A-Dice-Casino in East Peoria, Illinois.
Later, FanDuel Sportsbook officially transferred its sports betting license from Par-A-Dice Casino to FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing, a retail location at 9301 Collinsville Rd, Collinsville, Illinois. FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing was formerly known as Fairmount Park. As of 2022, sports bettors are now able to open new accounts online.
In 2023, Illinois Senator Cristina Castro and State Representative Edgar Gonzalez, Jr. introduced the Internet Gaming Act (IGA). The bill sought to legalize online casinos and poker rooms in the state, in addition to its online and retail sports betting industry.
In order to wager real money online in Illinois, players must be at least 21 or older. Players also must be physically located within state lines to place real money wagers online.
FanDuel uses built-in geolocation software to keep track of your location while you’re logged in to your account. If you choose to use a web or mobile browser, you will be required to download and install a geolocation plugin in order to place real money wagers online. Keep in mind that if you’re playing on the go and accidentally cross state lines, your connection to the site will be terminated.
FanDuel Casino background
Since FanDuel began offering daily fantasy sports to US customers in 2009, the company’s customer base has grown to more than 12 million players.
Once the federal government overturned laws against sports gambling in the United States, FanDuel merged into a new partnership with British sports betting and gaming giant Paddy Power Betfair in May 2018.
The collaboration formed a new and mighty entity called Flutter Entertainment, which has a presence in every US state with a regulated gaming industry. And that’s just in the United States. Flutter Entertainment also acquired The Stars Group and the FOXBet brand.
Now, the FanDuel brand covers DFS, online casinos, sportsbooks and online horse race betting around the globe.
The first FanDuel Casino was integrated into its online sportsbook in Pennsylvania in early 2020. The first standalone app was launched in the Keystone State in late July 2021.
In addition to Illinois, FanDuel online casinos are operational in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia and Connecticut.
FanDuel Casino Illinois FAQ
No. When FanDuel launches its online casino in Illinois you won’t need a promo code. You’ll automatically be eligible for FanDuel’s Play It Again bonus of up to $1,000. Just deposit at least $10, and if you’re down after 24 hours you will be reimbursed up to $1,000 in bonus dollars. See full terms in the FanDuel Casino bonus table above.
No. FanDuel Online Casino IL offers a top-notch mobile app for Android and Apple iOS devices and tablets, as well as a great web or mobile browser-based site. You’ll find most features and games on both small- and full-size screens.
No. Per Illinois state law, players must be physically located within state lines to legally wager real money online. The app uses built-in software to monitor your location while you’re logged into your account. You will need to download a geolocation plugin to play on a mobile or web browser. If you tamper with the geolocation software or accidentally cross state lines while playing games, you will automatically disconnect from the FanDuel site.
Yes. FanDuel Online Casino IL features a wide variety of banking methods for making secure deposits and withdrawals. For example, banking options include PayPal, credit and debit cards, Venmo, online banking, FanDuel Play+ Cards, Skrill, PayNearMe and others.
No. FanDuel will not charge you a fee for making withdrawals or deposits. Note that some banking options or financial institutions may charge a fee for withdrawals. Contact your bank beforehand to find out for sure.