Grand Victoria Casino And Caesars Sportsbook
Grand Victoria Casino is a riverboat-style casino that sits along the Fox River in Elgin and is one of Illinois’ most popular casinos in Illinois destinations.
The casino boasts close to 30,000 square feet of gambling space, with over 1,100 slot machines, 40+ Vegas-style table casino games and a dedicated live poker room. It also hosts a full-service Caesars Sportsbook. Apart from exclusive gambling facilities, Grand Victoria Casino houses three restaurants and a banquet hall for all types of receptions.
You must be 21 years or older to enter. Those younger than 30 must show a photo ID.
Grand Victoria Casino
- Address: 250 S. Grove Ave., Elgin, IL 60120
- Owner and Operator: Caesars Entertainment
- Hours of Operation: 24/7
- Casino Games: 1,100+ video slots, blackjack, roulette, video poker, baccarat, craps, poker
- Sportsbook: Yes, online and retail
- Poker Room: Yes, no-limit hold’em, pot-limit Omaha and limit Omaha hi/lo cash games
Illinois Casinos in the News
Casino at Grand Victoria
Grand Victoria Casino was the third-highest-grossing casino in Illinois in 2019 and early 2020, thanks to its diverse offerings. It houses 1,100 slot machines, 40+ table games and a poker room, spanning over 30,000 square feet of space. The game machines and tables are on multiple floors of this riverboat casino moored on the majestic Fox River in downtown Elgin.
There is even a high-limit room with multiple slot machines with progressive jackpots and betting denominations up to $100.
A major renovation in 2014 saw the casino receive new vibrant coloring and a more contemporary look with additional open space and a new VIP lounge for Club GVC members.
Apart from multiple casino floors and a dedicated poker room, Grand Victoria Casino offers a sportsbook where you can bet on basketball, baseball, football and more.
Grand Victoria Casino runs various promotions led by its exclusive Club GVC Rewards program. You can enjoy perks such as:
- Trick or Treat Hot Seat: On Tuesdays and Thursdays in October, you can play slot games with your Club GVC card and win up to $250 in free cash play, depending on your tier level.
- $8,500 Jackpot Frenzy: In November, all players who hit a $1,200 jackpot on their Club GVC card will participate in a draw to win a portion of the $8,500 free cash play jackpot.
- Spooky Pumpkin Patch: Earning 3,000 power points in Club GVC allows you to participate in a special promotion to win up to $500 in free cash play.
Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin is home to over 1,100 top slot machines. There are slots with denominations ranging from pennies to up to $100. When you enter the casino, you will find premium $5 three-reel slots by IGT such as Five Times Pay and Diamond Elves. The casino also offers classic slots such as 88 Fortunes and Buffalo Grand and the newest releases, such as the Dancing Drums.
Moreover, Grand Victoria Casino features over 250 progressive jackpot slots, paying millions to the lucky winners. There is even a monthly list of jackpot winners with the games played and the amount won.
Comfortable seating, large screens and the latest technological advancements characterize the machines. Grand Victoria Casino takes great pride in having the largest selection of dollar slot machines in the state.
The high-limit room is where you can indulge in premium high-roller gambling at one of the $100 slots.
Players looking to enjoy table casino games will be pleased to know that Grand Victoria has around 40 tables for the best baccarat, blackjack, roulette and multiple other games. The betting ranges are diverse, and the $25 tables seem to be the most popular among the visitors, apart from the high limit room specially designed for high rollers.
Some of the games you can find on the casino floor are:
- High card flush
- Mississippi stud
- Three card poker
Club GVC Rewards program
Club GVC is a player rewards program from Grand Victoria Casino with four membership tiers (Chrome, Bronze, Sterling and 24 Karat) and a plethora of benefits tailored to meet loyal players’ needs. Club members accumulate “power points,” which are the casino’s comp points, every time you play games on the casino floor. The more you play, the more points you accumulate, and the faster you can reach new tiers where more exclusive prizes await.
You can exchange the points for free cash play at your favorite slot machine or dining credit at the casino restaurants.
The members of the Club GVC program can count on perks such as getting access to invitation-only promotions, free valet, birthday gifts and monthly dining or free cash play credit. The members of the Sterling and 24 Karat tiers in the program get special access to the luxurious V Lounge, where you can enjoy a complimentary buffet, a special menu, drinks and many other services.
Grand Victoria Casino Poker Room
The poker room at Grand Victoria Casino offers 12 poker tables with nail-biting No-Limit Texas Hold’em, Pot-Limit Omaha and Limit Omaha Hi/Lo action. The poker room is on the fourth level of the casino and features a cocktail service, table-side food, free valet and much more.
The structure of NLH games differs depending on the table. You can find tables with blinds worth $1-$2 and high-limit games with blinds at $5-$10. The buy-ins range from at least $50 to the table captain maximum (the biggest chip stack).
Pot-Limit Omaha is played with blinds of $1-$2 and a $5 bring-in. The buy-ins are within the $100 to $500 range. On the other hand, there are also limit Omaha Hi/Lo tables at $30 to $60.
Every poker player in GVC’s poker room is eligible for the Bad Beat Jackpot, where even the losing hand can be worth thousands of dollars.
Visitors are encouraged to download the Bravo Poker Live app for their Android or iOS devices to access the poker room’s information, promotions, waiting list, game schedule and more.
Grand Victoria Casino Sportsbook
Grand Victoria Casino is partners with Caesars Sportsbook by William Hill to run its sports betting in Illinois. The sportsbook is located on the main casino floor and has three full-service ticket windows, comfortable seating, large HD TV screens to watch all the live sports action and high-top tables.
You can even opt for mobile sports betting through the Caesars Illinois app and get a bonus when registering an account for the first time.
The sportsbook’s operating hours are:
- 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mondays to Thursdays
- 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. Fridays
- 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Saturdays
- 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sundays
Grand Victoria Casino Amenities
Grand Victoria hotel
Unfortunately, the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin, IL, does not have a hotel on the premises. The best option for your stay might be the three-star Hampton Inn Chicago Elgin hotel near the Voyageur Landing Forest Preserve. It’s a roughly 10-minute drive from the hotel to the casino. The hotel is equipped with an indoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, a fitness center and more.
Grand Victoria Casino is home to three first-class restaurants:
- Crave Deli: Crave Deli is a perfect place for those who want to catch a quick bite while heading to the casino floor. A wide selection of sandwiches, beverages and salads is available with fresh ingredients.
- Buckinghams Steakhouse and Bistro: Buckinghams Steakhouse and Bistro is an award-winning restaurant with a carefully selected menu of top-quality steaks, seafood, entrees and many other delicacies for a night out with friends and family.
- Indulge Show Kitchen Buffet: Indulge Show Kitchen Buffet offers a unique buffet dining experience with six micro-restaurants in one location.
All Illinois Casinos and Sportsbooks
- Argosy Casino Alton
- Bally’s Quad Cities Casino, Hotel And Poker Room
- DraftKings At Casino Queen And DraftKings Sportsbook
- Harrah’s Joliet Casino
- Harrah’s Metropolis Casino
- Hollywood Casino And Hotel Joliet
- Hollywood Casino Aurora, Poker Room And Barstool Sportsbook
- Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino And FanDuel Retail Sportsbook
Grand Victoria History
Grand Victoria Casino is owned and operated by Caesars Entertainment, one of the largest casino corporations in the world, with over 50 establishments under its wing.
Grand Victoria Casino was founded in 1994 as a joint venture of Gold Strike Resorts and Hyatt Corp. Following several ownership changes over the years, the casino was purchased by Caesars Entertainment in 2018 for a whopping $328 million. On several occasions, the casino was renovated, with the latest facelift taking place in 2014 when $4 million was invested into building a new poker room and VIP lounge.
Grand Victoria employs over 1,000 people and is the state’s third-largest casino in terms of total visits and gross income.