Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker brought back in-person registration earlier this month, leaving many Illinoisans wondering how they should go about signing up for an online sportsbook account.
There are 11 retail sportsbooks in IL to go along with six online sportsbooks. However, in-person registration is not available at all 11 retail locations.
Confusing? Perhaps. People can register at eight of the retail locations, and you can determine which one is closest to you here:
- Barstool: Hollywood Casino Aurora, 1 W. New York St., Aurora, IL 60506
- BetRivers: Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, Des Plaines, IL 60018
- DraftKings: DraftKings at Casino Queen, 200 South Front St., East St. Louis, IL 62201
- FanDuel: FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing, 9301 Collinsville Road, Collinsville, IL 62234
- PointsBet: Club Hawthorne Crestwood, 13148 Rivercrest Drive, Crestwood, IL 60445
- PointsBet: Player’s Pub & Grill, 1250 River Road, Prospect Heights, IL 60070
- William Hill: Grand Victoria Casino, 250 S. Grove Ave., Elgin, IL 60120
- PointsBet: Hawthorne Race Course, 3501 S. Laramie Ave., Stickney, IL 60804
However, we at PlayIllinois learned that in-person registration isn’t a uniform process across the state.
Here’s what you’ll need to do to create a sportsbook account, depending on which sportsbook location you visit.
DraftKings sign-up at DraftKings at Casino Queen
DraftKings at Casino Queen is in East St. Louis and, as you may have guessed, you can sign up for DraftKings there.
There doesn’t need to be any wait at a registration window or face-to-face interaction when registering at DraftKings at Casino Queen.
Barstool in-person sign-up at Hollywood Casino Aurora
You can sign up for Barstool at Hollywood Casino Aurora, and the process is as easy as it is at the Casino Queen.
Visit the property or the parking lot, and you are good to complete your registration. No face-to-face interaction or extra steps are necessary.
FanDuel in-person sign-up at FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing
You can sign up for FanDuel by visiting FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing in Collinsville.
You can’t, however, sign up at Par-A-Dice Casino in East Peoria, even though the casino has a FanDuel retail sportsbook. That’s because FanDuel transferred its mobile license to its racetrack.
Once at the track, it is advised to download the FanDuel app and create an account beforehand, even if you can’t use it yet. That step will expedite the in-person registration process.
From there, here’s how the process goes:
- You must visit the sportsbook counter say you need to verify your sportsbook account.
- You will need to provide your guest ID and email or username.
- Once the “supervisor” looks up your account, they will check your ID and approve the account.
- FanDuel will then add $100 in promotional play.
- The supervisor will ask you to sign out of the account and sign back in to confirm the account is verified.
- FanDuel requests that you sign a log as proof of in-person verification.
William Hill in-person sign-up at Grand Victoria Casino Elgin
You can sign up for William Hill Sportsbook Illinois at the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin.
You can download the app before you go to the casino. Once in the app, you’ll follow the prompts on screen and should be able to complete your registration easily. One note: You will need to take a selfie that shows you’re in the casino.
If you need personal assistance, Grand Victoria has staff available to help you.
BetRivers in-person sign-up at Rivers Casino
BetRivers is the sportsbook app associated with Rivers Casino, which is in Des Plaines.
Like the others, you are advised to download the BetRivers app and create your account prior to arriving at Rivers in order to make the process as fast as possible.
From there, you should either visit the Rush Rewards counter or the sportsbook counter. They are in a similar part of the casino.
Then, an employee will verify your information and help you complete your registration. Make sure to have an ID ready.
PointsBets sign-up at Hawthorne Race Course, Hawthorne Crestwood & Prospect Heights OTBs
You can sign up for PointsBet at Hawthorne Race Course in Stickney or at either of its off-track-betting sites in Crestwood or Prospect Heights.
As with all of the other apps, it’s better to download the app beforehand to make the process more efficient.
From there, you can follow the prompts on the screen to register as long as you’re at one of PointsBet’s three registration hubs.