Illinois has some major poker events coming to The Windy City this fall. Chicago will be the home to multiple World Series of Poker Circuit events this October.
The Prairie State will host several major events, including a $1 million guaranteed tournament. Stay up to date with the latest poker action across the state, courtesy of PlayIllinois.
When it comes to online play, there is no legal real-money option. There are sweepstakes Illinois online poker sites, though, which offer prizes that can be exchanged for cash.
$1 million guaranteed at Horseshoe Hammond
The Horseshoe Hammond in Chicago is preparing to host the WSOP Circuit from Oct. 5-16. The series will run a Main Event Oct. 12-15. Players will compete for $1 million in guaranteed cash payouts. The $1,700 buy-in will allow multiple starting flights. Anyone who makes it past Day 1 will play for the big money on Oct. 15. The series in total will include 15 events. Each winner will not only grab a stack of cash but will get an exclusive Circuit Ring.
Other key Circuit events
- $400 NLH, Event 1: Oct. 5-8, $500,000 guaranteed
- $400 NLH Double Stack, Event 2: Oct. 7, $100,000 guaranteed
- $400 NLH Monster Stack, Event 6: Oct. 9-11, $100,000 guaranteed
- $400 Omaha 8, Event 7: Oct. 9
Players can expect large fields of entries for these events. Also, all ring winners will gain access to a $1 million freeroll tournament of champions event set for summer of 2024 in Las Vegas.
Click here to see the full schedule.
Windy City Poker Club offers weekend action
Located in Homewood, The Windy City Poker Club provides weekend warriors with several tournament options. Each weekend the club presents multiple small buy-in events.
Some of the weekly events include:
- $300 NLH Bounty: Fridays, 11:15 a.m.; $10,000 guaranteed
- $110 NLH Deep Stack: Saturdays, noon
- $80 NLH Deep Stack: Saturdays, 6:30 p.m.
- $60 NLH Uber Stack: Sundays, noon
- $60 NLH/ PLO Mixed Game: Sundays, 6:30 p.m.
Tournaments could change. Check with the poker room before entering.
Rivers Casino Des Plaines features Bad Beat Jackpot
The 22-table Rivers Casino Des Plaines currently does not offer tournaments, but it does offer high bonuses and Bad Beat Jackpot prizes. Players can also pre register on their website to lock up a cash game seat before arriving at the casino.
- Bad Beat Jackpots: $41,372 as of Sept. 29
- High Hands $500 every hour: Sundays through Thursdays, noon to midnight
Circuit coming this November to Grand Victoria Casino
The poker room at the Grand Victoria Casino will take over the WSOP Circuit after it leaves Hammond this month. In November, the famous Circuit Series will come to Elgin. The festival will take place from Nov. 9-20. Similar to the Hammond series, there will be a Main Event and multiple ring events. The series will also host a seniors tournament along with a ladies-only event.
The full schedule can be seen here.
Other tournaments at Grand Victoria
For players looking to get in some tournaments before the WSOP arrives, Grand Victoria will offer several weekly tournaments in October.
- $265 NLH Deep Stack: Sundays, noon
- $135 NLH Deep Stack: Tuesdays, 5 p.m.
- $190 NLH Deep Stack: Fridays, 6 p.m.
Illinois’ growing Bad Beat Poker Jackpots
The Bad Beat Jackpot stands as a featured promotion in numerous casino poker rooms. A portion of each cash game hand is set aside to grow a jackpot fund.
When an exceptional hand like four of a kind (quads) is beat by an even stronger hand, the jackpot springs to life, promising a potentially substantial payout. Typically, the player who suffered the bad beat receives a substantial share of the jackpot. The victor also secures a sizable portion. Plus, the remaining players at the table often take a share of the profits. Bad Beat Jackpots are very rare to hit.
Here is a look at active Bad Beats in the state and the current amounts available:
- Hollywood Casino Aurora: $15,668
- Rivers Casino Des Plaines: $41,372
- Horseshoe Hammond: $150,000
- Grand Victoria Casino: $160,000
- Windy City Poker Club: $2,500