Disclaimer: Hard Rock Sportsbook is not yet online in Illinois. This review is speculative based on the Hard Rock sportsbook in other states and will be updated when it launches here. In the meantime, check out one of these Illinois sportsbooks that are live now.
Hard Rock Sportsbook could launch in Illinois. The online sportsbook is expanding to more US states following its success in New Jersey.
It offers users a variety of sports to wager on and betting options. Hard Rock hasn’t cut corners when it comes to user experience, either. You’ll have access to a range of banking options and promotions on both the website and app for ease of use.
Read on for our full review of Hard Rock Sportsbook in Illinois. Check out the site’s welcome bonus and details on getting started.
Reasons to sign up at Hard Rock Sportsbook Illinois
- Risk-free bet for $100.
- Great user experience.
- Well-known, reputable company.
- Secure banking.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Illinois sign-up bonus 2021
When you sign up at Hard Rock Sportsbook in Illinois, you’ll be eligible to claim a $100 risk-free bet. Just deposit $100 or more and place your first bet of $100 or more. If that bet loses, Hard Rock will issue a refund of $100.
|Online Sportsbook||Hard Rock Sportsbook Illinois|
|Hard Rock Sportsbook Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Risk Free First Bet||$100|
|Last Updated||October 2021|
How does the Hard Rock Sportsbook bonus work?
To claim the risk-free bet, you need to opt-in and place a bet within seven days of opting in. Your first deposit and wager each need to be for $100 or more.
When your wager has settled, the sportsbook will check to see if you won or lost. If you win the bet, you will keep your winnings and continue wagering as usual. If you lost the bet, Hard Rock would issue a refund for $100 within 24 hours.
Hard Rock Sportsbook promotions
Hard Rock Illinois has several other promotions to run alongside its welcome bonus. This means that once you’ve used the risk-free bet, you can open the site’s promotions page to find all other sportsbook offers available to you. Here are some examples:
- Refer a Friend: You can refer friends using a personal referral link. If they register for an account and bet at least $20 in real money, Hard Rock will send you $50 in bonus funds.
- Hard Rock Odds Boosts: Look out for odds boosts to increase your potential winnings. These often appear on the sportsbook’s homepage, but you can also find them on the promotions page from time to time.
Is Hard Rock sports betting legal in Illinois?
To launch in the state, Hard Rock will need to receive the approval of the Illinois Gaming Board. To wager at Hard Rock or any other online sportsbooks in the state, you need to be 21 or older and within state lines.
How to create a Hard Rock Sportsbook account in Illinois
Illinois requires that you visit a retail sportsbook location to complete the registration process in person when you sign up for an online sportsbook account. Hard Rock plans to open a retail casino in Rockford, which is likely where you would need to complete the registration process as long as Illinois has this rule in place.
You can start the registration process online, however, by providing the following information:
- Full name
- Mailing address
- Contact number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
- Security question answers
Once you’re done with all of the steps that you can complete online, you’ll need to go to the physical location to complete the process.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Illinois app
The Hard Rock Sportsbook app is available for Android and iOS devices, allowing you to bet from anywhere within the state if you have a connection.
To download the app, open the sportsbook’s homepage, scroll toward the bottom and select “Get it on Android” or “Download on the App Store,” depending on your device. Follow any additional prompts from there to complete the installation process.
Hard Rock keeps its app relatively simple. You can log in, deposit and wager with relative ease. You’ll see a top navigation bar with quick links to the most popular sports, as well as promotions and cashier buttons. You can also access your account settings and get in touch with customer support using the app.
To start betting, select a sport and open the drop-down menu of your chosen game to see all the available bets. Just press on any odds to add them to your bet slip, which will open automatically. Here, you can add your wager and place the bet with just a couple of clicks.
Best features of the Hard Rock Sportsbook app
Multiple features stand out at Hard Rock. Here are the main ones we noted during our review:
- Wild Card Rewards: This is Hard Rock’s online reward program. It works in the same way as the company’s offline rewards program. You will collect points for wagering, and you can then convert these points to bonus cash to wager on the site.
- Easy Navigation: The Hard Rock Sportsbook app makes it easy to browse and place bets whenever you want to. Just choose your sport from the top navigation menu, select your odds, then add a wager in the mobile bet slip.
- Live Betting: You can access a range of live betting options on the app by browsing the selection on the homepage or by clicking the “Live” button in the main menu; this allows you to bet on any ongoing games in real-time. You’ll also be able to see updates on the game at hand, sometimes with the option to cash out early if you wish.
- Personalization: One of the best personalization features on the Hard Rock app is the ability to choose the sports that appear on your navigation bar. For example, if you’re a hockey fan, you can create a quick link to all hockey wagers. Whenever you open the app, you’ll see the button on the sportsbook’s menu for fast navigation.
How could Hard Rock improve?
There are a few ways Hard Rock could step up its game. Here are the main ones we noted:
- Better customer support: The customer support team at Hard Rock Sportsbook is a little hit and miss. You may be redirected to phone the sportsbook’s support line, which can be off-putting when live chat support claims to be readily available.
- More rewards options: It’s excellent that Hard Rock users can spend their loyalty points on the site, but we’d also like to see options to convert points to discounts at Hard Rock resorts on merchandise and other perks. Especially with the size of the Hard Rock brand.
Bets you can place at Hard Rock Illinois Sportsbook
Hard Rock Sportsbook offers a variety of betting options. Here are the main choices you’re likely to come across:
- Totals: One of the three main bets you’ll find at all Illinois online sportsbooks, totals allow you to bet on the combined total score of a game. Hard Rock will set a line, and you can bet whether the actual total score will be over or under that line. You’ll also see these bets called over/unders.
- Point Spreads: Wager on the margin of victory between two teams. Again, Hard Rock will set a line. Choose whether the favorite will win by more than the line, or the underdog will avoid losing by more than the line.
- Moneylines: This one’s nice and straightforward — bet on one team to win. The underdog will usually have positive odds, and the favorite’s odds will be negative.
- Props: Place side bets separate from the overall outcome of the game. For instance, betting on whether a particular player will score a touchdown or hit a home run, or if the game will finish tied in regulation.
- Parlays: Combine various selections as a single wager to increase your potential winnings. Keep in mind that the risk is higher, as well. If you miss any of your picks, you win nothing.
- Live Bets: With this wager, you can bet on a game that’s already in progress. You’ll be able to place bets as you watch games play out and see updated scores throughout the action.
- Futures: Bet on overall seasonal accomplishments like league winners and player achievements. One of the most popular futures at Hard Rock is betting on a team to win the Super Bowl. You can place your bet at the start of the season and follow the action throughout the year.
Sports you can bet on at Hard Rock Illinois
If you’re looking for something a little different, you’ll also see bets on boxing, motorsports, UFC, tennis and plenty of international leagues like the UEFA Champions League and Bundesliga.
Illinois sports teams you can bet on
You can wager on all the major sports teams in Illinois at Hard Rock Sportsbook. Place bets on the Chicago Cubs and White Sox in MLB, the NBA’s Chicago Bulls, the Chicago Sky in the WNBA, the Chicago Blackhawks for hockey and of course, the Chicago Bears for football. And if you want to bet on Major League Soccer, the Chicago Fire FC will have a variety of wagers available.
Illinois futures betting
Pick a sport from the Hard Rock navigation bar, then select the “Futures” tab to view all your options for futures bets on that sport. Depending on the time of year, you’ll find futures on the NBA, NFL, NHL, and more.
The football section tends to have the most options. You can browse bets for the NFL, college football and the CFL. The NFL has more than 150 choices. You can bet on the next Super Bowl winner, individual division winners, the team to win the fewest games and more.
The NBA futures section offers the option to bet on the player to be named MVP, the NBA Finals winner, the player with the most rebounds at the end of the season and other options. NHL fans can place bets on the next Stanley Cup winner, individual division winners and teams to make the playoffs.
How to deposit and cash out at Hard Rock Online Sportsbook
Depositing and withdrawing funds is pretty simple at Hard Rock Sportsbook, and there’s a fairly decent list of payment options available. You can access the cashier on both the sportsbook website and the app.
You can deposit (minimum $10) using one of these options:
- Debit/credit card
- ACH bank transfer
- PayNearMe (available at CVS, Family Dollar, 7-Eleven stores)
- Hard Rock Play+ prepaid card
- Cash at the casino cage
Withdraw using one of the banking options below. Hard Rock will complete most requests within 72 hours.
- ACH bank transfer
- Hard Rock Play+ prepaid card
How to contact Hard Rock Sportsbook customer support
Customer support is available on both the website and app, so you should be able to get in touch fairly quickly. However, customer support can be a little hit or miss. The live chat support staff may refer you to telephone support if someone there cannot help you, which can be a little frustrating.
You can reach out to a representative by clicking the live chat button at the bottom right of the site or clicking the help link in the sportsbook’s main menu. You can then browse the FAQ or get in touch with customer service directly.
Responsible gambling at Hard Rock Illinois
Click the “RG” logo at the top of the Hard Rock website for the sportsbook’s full responsible gambling policy. You can set limits on the deposits you make, the amount of money you wager and the number of hours you spend on the site per week. There’s also a clock at the top right of the website at all times, letting you know how long your session has been.
You can also elect to temporarily or permanently close your sportsbook account by reaching out to customer support or opening your account settings.
Where is the Hard Rock retail sportsbook?
Hard Rock doesn’t yet have a retail sportsbook in Illinois. It is planning to open a retail casino in Rockford.
Is Hard Rock the best sportsbook in Illinois?
Hard Rock Sportsbook is a great online sportsbook contender in Illinois. The site is easy to use, has bright and fun graphics and offers a range of betting options. We also like the welcome bonus for new players. While some of the other online sportsbooks in the state have larger names and reputations, Hard Rock has a lot to recommend it, as well.
Hard Rock FAQ
What is the Hard Rock Sportsbook welcome bonus?
New customers can claim a $100 risk-free bet if they sign up for an account and then make a deposit and a sports bet each of $100 or more.
Can I bet on college sports using the Hard Rock sports betting app?
Yes, you can bet on college football and basketball at Hard Rock and other online sportsbooks in the state. Illinois prohibits betting on in-state college teams, however.
Can I use Hard Rock Sportsbook outside of Illinois?
No, you need to be within state lines to bet at Hard Rock Illinois. The online sportsbook requires access to your location at all times to prove you’re wagering from inside Illinois.
What is the fastest way to cash out at Hard Rock Sportsbook?
Hard Rock offers two ways to withdraw: ACH and Play+ prepaid card. The sportsbook aims to process requests using either payment method within 72 hours.
Is Hard Rock licensed in Illinois?
Yes, to launch in the state, the Hard Rock online sportsbook will need to have received a license from the Illinois Gaming Board.