PointsBet Sportsbook Illinois Promo Code | $2,000 Bonus
PointsBet Sportsbook has a new sign-up bonus to offer Illinois sports bettors that will make it well worth your while to get registered with PointsBet. Here how it works:
- Sign up and enter the PointsBet promo code BETBONUS
- You’ll then get two risk-free bets, one worth up to $500 and the other worth up to $1,500. This brings the total of the PointsBet Illinois welcome bonus to $2,000.
- If either one of your qualifying wagers loses you will be refunded with PointsBet free bet token.
Keep reading the PointsBet Sportsbook Illinois betting guide to find out more about PointsBet. When you’re done you’ll know whether:
- PointsBet is better than the other sportsbooks in the state
- If it makes sense for you to do your sports wagering at PointsBet
- You have everything you need to get signed up with PointsBet
- PointsBet offers convenient methods for both depositing and withdrawing funds
We answer a ton of other questions, so get started with that generous PointsBet sign-up bonus offer.
PointsBet Sportsbook Illinois bonus
PointsBet makes it worthwhile for you to sign-up up for your new account with its welcome bonus worth up to $2,000.
Simply begin the registration process with PointsBet online and then follow these steps:
- Enter our exclusive PointsBet Sportsbook promo code BETBONUS
- Make a deposit into your account
- Next, the first PointsBetting bet and the first traditional sports bet you make will be risk-free
- The PointBetting bet is covered for a max of $1,500. The traditional bet is covered for a max of $500.
- If either wager ends up losing, PointsBet Illinois will refund you with a free bet.
- The free bet can be divided up to four ways. It also expires precisely seven days after landing in your account.
We’re big fans of the PointsBet IL welcome bonus. Risk-free bets are fairly common, but two risk-free bets are not. We also like the fact that the free wagers you get back if you lose can be divvied up two, three or four ways.
PointsBet promo code August 2022
|PointsBet Illinois Promo Code||BETBONUS|
|PointsBet Illinois Total Sign-Up Bonus||Up to $2,000|
|PointsBet Illinois Bonus Details||Two risk-free bets:|
|First traditional bet is risk-free up to $500|
|First PointsBetting wager is risk-free for up to $1,500|
|PointsBets Online in Illinois Since||2020|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Sign up for an account at PointsBet Illinois Sportsbook
When you create your PointsBet Illinois account, you’ll need to supply a few more details than you typically would when, for example, signing up for a social media site. It still is a relatively quick, pain-free process. Here’s a list of what you’ll need to supply:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social Security number
- PointsBet IL promo code BETBONUS
Whether you’re using a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or your phone, you also will need to turn on your geolocation. Since sports wagering is only available in select states, the sites need to be able to verify that you are in Illinois.
It is also important to remember this when you’re traveling. Just because you signed up for a sports betting account in Illinois, it doesn’t mean you can bet when you’re outside state lines. It is best to place all your bets before you travel to a state that doesn’t have legal sports betting.
Other PointsBet promotions and bonus offers
In addition to the PointsBet sign-up bonus offers, PointsBet has other specials and promos for sports bettors to take advantage of as well. Here are some examples:
- Parlay Booster: Personalize your parlays of three legs or more. Any market is eligible, and it allows you to earn more money.
- Name a Bet: Tweet @PointsBetUSA with #nameabet for a market that is not currently on the site, and PointsBet will price it for you.
- Daily Odds Boosts: Check out the app daily for boosted odds throughout the sports betting world.
PointsBets also allows you to earn rewards points with every bet you make on the site. You earn one point for every $5 fixed odds bet, every $1 parlay bet and for every $1 won or lost with “PointsBetting.”
What is PointsBetting?
“PointsBetting” takes normal bets, such as the spread, over/under or a prop bet, and makes it so that your potential winnings or losses are not fixed, but can vary up until the end of the game.
The basic premise of “PointsBetting” is that the more right or wrong you are, the more you are rewarded or penalized. Let’s use an example to make things more clear.
Let’s say you bet $1 on the Chicago Bears to win as 7-point favorites. If the Bears win by 14 points, they would cover the spread by 7 points. You would earn a profit of $7, or seven times your original $1 bet. On the same bet, if the Bears win by just 1 point, you would lose $6 because they failed to cover the spread by 6 points.
Each market for betting has a unique multiplier cap due to the volatility of the specific market. In some markets the cap for wins and losses can be as high as 250x, while others are as low as 10x.
Due to the volatility of potential losses when it comes to PointsBetting, part of your balance will be withheld while you have PointsBetting wagers in place. The sportsbook will always show the “balance withheld,” “max win level” and “max loss level” of a bet before you finalize your “PointsBetting” wager.
You also have the option of choosing customized caps on your “PointsBetting” wagers. These limits prevents losses from getting too large, but also limits your winnings as well.
And remember, when you use the PointsBet Illinois promo code BETBONUS your first PointsBetting wager is risk-free for up to $1,500.
Is PointsBet Sportsbook legal in Illinois?
Yes, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signed the Sports Wagering Act into law in June 2019, permitting both retail and online sports betting in the state.
The first legal sports bet in Illinois was made in March 2020 at Rivers Casino in Des Plaines. Shortly thereafter, online sportsbooks launched as well. PointsBet launched later that year, and is fully licensed and regulated by the Illinois Gaming Board.
PointsBet online sportsbook features
PointsBet is fairly new to the sports betting game, having begun operations in 2017 in Australia. Illinois is the fourth state in the US with a PointsBet Sportsbook, joining New Jersey, Iowa and Indiana. It will launch soon in Colorado and Michigan, as well.
Despite being new to the market, PointsBet has a lot to offer its customers. Here’s a look at some of the best benefits:
- PointsBetting: One of the most distinctive aspects of PointsBet is called “PointsBetting.” It allows bettors to make wagers in which their wins or losses vary based on how right or wrong they are about specific bets.
- Promotions: Not only does PointsBet have daily odds boosts, but it also runs various promotions throughout the year based on what sports events are taking place.
- Parlay Booster: PointsBet allows players to boost parlays of their choosing as long as they are three legs or more. That means more money when you win.
- Fast, Easy Navigation: PointsBet prides itself on having one of the fastest sportsbooks around. That’s a big deal when you’re trying to make a bet before a game starts or before odds change. The site and app are also easy to use and navigate.
- Customer Service: If you encounter any problems, you can email or have a live chat with a customer service rep. You also can reach out to PointsBet on its social media channels for help or information.
PointsBet sports betting app
If you sign up online, you likely will want to download the PointsBet Sportsbook Illinois app for use on your iPhone or iPad or Android device. The free PointsBet app is available for iOS and Android devices; you can download it by following the instructions at the PointBets home page.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, sign in with your account information and you will be all set. Then take a little time to familiarize yourself with the app, so you’ll know where everything is and how to place bets and make deposits when needed.
The best part about having the PointsBet online sportsbook app on your phone is that you’ll always have a live sportsbook with you. Meaning you can check everything from lines to game times and place bets at your convenience.
Best features of the PointsBet sportsbook app
While we have detailed various aspects of PointsBet, we know a lot of you simply want to know what the sportsbook app does best. In this section, we present our three favorite features of PointsBet.
- PointsBetting: There is simply no way we could make a list of our favorite PointsBet features and not include PointsBetting. PointsBetting is such a distinct betting option that you can’t not be intrigued by it. We’re sure a lot of bettors are scared off by the variables involved with PointsBetting, but that’s exactly what makes it so exciting for other players. We simply like the fact that you get rewarded (or punished) according to how accurate or inaccurate you are on a bet. And PointsBet always makes it perfectly clear how much you stand to win or lose when placing PointsBetting wagers, so there’s never a surprise awaiting you at the end of a game.
- Same-Game Parlays or SGPs: While we think SGPs are going to be at most sportsbooks in the semi-near future, the fact remains that many sportsbook do not have them at this point. FanDuel is the only other sportsbook in the state that we’ve been able to place SGPs at. Whether you just want to bet on the moneyline, spread and over/under for a game or whether you want to group a bunch of props together for one game, SGPs allow you to do it. We really enjoy them for Monday and Thursday night in the NFL, when there is only one game going that day. Currently PointsBet has SGPs only for the NFL, but we’d be shocked if they aren’t available for other sports shortly.
- Promos and Rewards: Not only does PointsBet have a plethora of promotions going on all the time, but it has a rewards program that allows players to earn free bets.
The loyalty program works like this: You earn a point for every $5 in standard odds bets you make, one point for every $1 bet on parlays and one point for every dollar you win or lose with PointsBetting. Then for every 100 points you earn, you get $1 in free bets.
As for the promos, we’ve detailed some of them up above, but the PointsBet promotions page feels like a never-ending scroll of various offers the Illinois sportsbook has. Needless to say, we’re big fans of all the offers.
How could PointsBet Sportsbook improve?
While PointsBet does many things great, we also feel there are some areas where the Illinois sportsbook could improve. With that in mind, here are three things we feel PointsBet Sportsbook in Illinois could do a better job of in the future.
- Improve its Odds: This is by far the biggest area where PointsBet is trailing some of its competitors. For this example, we looked at Week 7 of the 2020 NFL season and compared PointsBet’s moneyline odds with those of Fox Bet, FanDuel, BetMGM Sports and DraftKings. While the other four sportsbooks had the best or tied for the best odds on at least four games, PointsBet lagged behind with just two games. It’s important to note that the odds were not far behind the competition, but being off by just a small amount can turn into a big number, especially if you’re wagering large sums of money.
- Different Color Settings in the App: This obviously has a lot to do with personal preference, but the PointsBet black and red color scheme can be a tad overwhelming for some. A lot of apps allow users to customize the visual to a light or dark mode, and it would be great if PointsBet was able to do that going forward for any users who are not a fan of such a dark app.
- Fewer Betting Choices: We know, we know, how can we be criticizing a sportsbook for having too many wagering choices? It’s just that if you’re trying sports betting for the first time, the PointsBet online sportsbook can be a lot to take in. For instance, during baseball games you can try PointsBetting batter vs. pitcher matchups in which you’re awarded 50 points for a homer, down to 10 for a single or a walk, and then the bet will be multiplied based on how right or wrong your prediction was. Or during soccer matches you can wager on the total goal minutes, which is where you total up the minutes of when goals were scored to come up with the total. Once again, with PointsBetting your bet is multiplied by the amount you were right or wrong. We’re thinking maybe have a setting where people can just turn off PointsBetting if they know it is not for them.
Sports betting types available at PointsBet
One of the best parts about sports betting is the number of options you have when it comes to betting. Here’s a look at the most popular types of bets available at PointsBet in Illinois.
- Moneyline: Simply picking the winner of any given contest. Favorites are displayed with negative odds, while underdogs are displayed with positive odds.
- Point Spread: Sportsbooks put spreads on games, which is either how much the favorite must win by or how close the underdog needs to keep the game in order for you to win your bet. If the side you pick covers the spread, you win.
- Over/Unders: Usually a bet on whether the point total of a game will be higher or lower than the number supplied by the sportsbook. Over/unders also can be used for player stat totals.
- Props: Prop bets are side bets on whether something will occur during a game, such as a player having a triple double in an NBA game or hit a home run during an MLB game, for example.
- Live Betting: Just because a game is underway doesn’t mean you can no longer bet on it. Live sports betting is just what it sounds like, allowing you to make wagers on contests that are ongoing. The odds will fluctuate through the game.
- Futures: Here you are betting on what will happen in the future. This usually applies to picking a championship winner or what players will win individuals awards like the MVP or Cy Young.
- Parlays: With parlays you’re making multiple bets into one single bet. In order for you to win, all the individual bets must be correct. If just one fails, you lose. The more legs involved, the more you will win if you are right.
- Round Robins: Similar to parlays, round robins allow for multiple combinations on one bet. Essentially, round robins allow you to miss one of your predictions. They are easier to get right, but the potential winnings are less than parlays.
- Teasers: Teasers are most common with football and basketball games. Bettors can move the spread up or down on a number of games. Based on the direction you move the line, the odds will be adjusted accordingly.
- PointsBetting: Unique to PointsBet, PointsBetting allows bettors to profit based on how correct their bets are. At the same time, you also can lose more money depending on how incorrect your bet was.
Sports you can bet on at PointsBet in Illinois
PointsBets accepts wagers on all the major American pro and college sports, as well as international soccer, auto racing and more fringe sports like cricket, darts and rugby. Here is the complete list:
- Aussie rules football
- Table tennis
Illinois sports team betting guide
Betting on your favorite local Illinois teams is one of the best parts of having legal sports betting in the state. Not only do you likely know more about the Blackhawks, Cubs and White Sox, but the only thing better than watching your favorite team win is making money while doing it. With that in mind, here’s a look at all the Illinois teams you’ll be able to bet on at PointsBet.
- Chicago Cubs
- Bet on Cubs games as well as futures, props and live betting for all of MLB.
- Chicago White Sox
- Bet on White Sox games as well as futures, props and live betting for all of MLB.
- Chicago Bulls
- Bet on Bulls games as well as futures, props and live betting for all of the NBA.
- Chicago Bears
- Bet on Bears games as well as futures, props and live betting for all of the NFL.
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Bet on Blackhawks games as well as futures, props and live betting for all of the NHL.
- Chicago Sky
- Bet on Sky games as well as futures, props and live betting for all of the WNBA.
- Chicago Fire
- Bet on Fire games as well as futures, props and live betting for all of MLS.
Unfortunately, betting on in-state college teams is not allowed, but you can bet on college sports in general.
And remember, just because sports don’t take place in the state doesn’t mean you can’t bet on them. There are also individual sports such as auto racing, UFC and golf that are available to wager on as well. When it comes to options, PointsBet has you covered.
PointsBet Illinois futures market
Futures wagering can be perfect if you like to play the long game or simply if you have a good feeling about how a team or season as a whole is going to play out. There’s plenty of options when it comes to the futures market and our local Illinois professional teams. Here’s what you can choose from with PointsBet:
- Chicago Cubs futures betting: Bet on the Cubs to win the World Series, National League pennant or NL Central. Next season you’ll be able to bet on regular season win totals, as well.
- Chicago White Sox futures betting: Bet on the White Sox to win the World Series, American League pennant or AL Central. Next season you’ll be able to bet on regular season win totals, as well.
- Chicago Bulls futures betting: Bet on the Bulls to win the NBA Finals, Eastern Conference crown or Central Division title next season. Bet on regular season win totals and future NBA draft picks, too.
- Chicago Sky futures betting: Bet on the Sky to win the WNBA title this season.
- Chicago Bears futures betting: Bet on the Bears to win the Super Bowl, NFC or NFC North Division title. Also wager on regular season win totals, who will win various awards like MVP and Coach of the Year, and which player will lead the league in various statistical categories.
- Chicago Blackhawks futures betting: Bet on the Blackhawks to win next year’s Stanley Cup, the Western Conference or Central Division title. Wager on regular season win and point totals, as well.
- Chicago Fire futures betting: PointsBet does not currently have futures wagering available for MLS.
Banking options at PointsBet sports betting
PointsBet currently offers the following methods to deposit money into your account, with a $10 minimum required:
- Bank ACH/e-check
- Visa or Mastercard credit card
- Bank transfer
- In person at Hawthorne Race Course or any of 10 OTB locations.
PointsBet customer support
PointsBet online chat is available 24 hours a day. You also have the option of contacting customer support via email. Reaching out via PointsBet’s Twitter account is also an option, but the first two methods are the best if you have an immediate problem.
Responsible gambling at PointsBet Illinois
PointsBet is a sports betting company, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t care about safe and responsible gambling. That is clear with this statement on its website:
“For most people, gambling is an exciting and fun recreational pursuit. For others, it can become a problem with devastating consequences for them, their families, and friends. At PointsBet, we want you to enjoy your gambling experience. As part of that experience, we want to help you to stay in control of your gambling, and not allow your gambling to control you.”
From there it has links to help you figure out if you have a gambling problem and what to do if that is the case, including how to close your account. You also can set limits on your account to restrict how much or how often you are betting.
Where is the PointsBet retail sportsbook?
The PointsBet retail sportsbook is at Hawthorne Race Course in the Chicago suburb of Cicero.
- Address: 3501 S. Laramie Ave., Cicero, IL 60804
- Phone: 708-780-3700
- Website: www.hawthorneracecourse.com
You will be able to place wagers at all of Hawthorne’s OTB locations, as well.
Is PointsBet the best sportsbook in Illinois?
Obviously, when it comes to judging the best sportsbook in Illinois, there’s no definitive right answer. Not only are we still in the early stages of sports betting in the state, but PointsBet is in the early stages of its existence as a sports betting company.
One thing to keep a close eye on at PointsBet is better odds and top-notch promotions. When it comes to site navigation and speed, PointsBet is at the top, if not the best in class.
Based on its exclusive “PointsBetting” offering as well as its rapid growth plan in the US, which includes building a home base in Colorado, it stands to reason that it likely will be one of the top sportsbooks in Illinois for years to come.
PointsBet Sportsbook Illinois FAQ
Use the PointsBet Illinois promo code BETBONUS to receive two risk-free wagers worth up to $2,000. Learn all about the PointsBet Sportsbook welcome bonus in Illinois by checking out our section on exactly that near the top of this review.
PointsBet Illinois has three online payout methods: online banking, PayPal and ACH/e-check. You can also withdraw via cash at one of three Chicago retail locations — Club Hawthorne Crestwood, Club Hawthorne Prospect Heights and Hawthorne Race Course.
The app is not necessary; you can use the desktop or mobile-optimized sites. Both offer the same sports and leagues as the app. If, however, you’d like to use the app, then Apple and Android versions are readily available via the PointsBet homepage.
PointsBet has a parlay boost promotion. It also has an early cash-out option — you can find this on your bet slip at the bottom right corner of any eligible wager.
You need to be within state lines to legally bet at PointsBet or any other online sportsbook in Illinois, yes.
Yes, you can use PointsBet to wager on college sports. However, if you want to bet on an Illinois-based college team, you must do so in person, and you can only bet on team-based outcomes, not individual ones.