Disclaimer: theScore Bet Sportsbook is not online in Illinois yet. This review is speculative and will be updated when theScore launches here. In the meantime, check out these online sportsbooks that already are live in the Prairie State.
When theScore Bet Sportsbook enters into the Illinois sports wagering market, people in the state will have another option for betting. New customers who sign up at the online sportsbook will be eligible for a deposit-matching bonus for up to $1,000 and a risk-free first bet for up to $500.
On this page, we’ll review what theScore Bet has to offer Illinois bettors, including the welcome bonus, additional promotions for ongoing customers, the sportsbook app, the bets you can place and how all that matches up against the competition in the state.
TheScore Bet Sportsbook Illinois sign-up bonus 2022
To claim theScore Bet’s dual welcome bonus, sign up for an account at the online sportsbook, make a deposit and place a bet.
|Illinois Sportsbook||theScore Sportsbook|
|Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Deposit Offer||100% Match up to $1,000|
|Risk Free First Bet||Up to $500|
|Online Since||Coming soon to Illinois|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
TheScore Bet Illinois sign-up bonus — the fine print!
Once you’ve created an account, here are some of the main things to be aware of about the welcome bonuses at theScore Bet in Illinois:
- 100% deposit match: theScore Bet matches your first deposit dollar for dollar, but the bonus funds have a 20x wagering requirement. It’s called a 5% cash back offer, but it means the same thing: For every $100 worth of qualifying wagers you make, you unlock $5 in bonus money. Qualifying bets are wagers with odds of -300 or longer. So to receive $100 in bonus cash, for example, you would need to deposit $100 and then wager at least $2,000 within your first 60 days at the sportsbook.
- First-free bet: If the first cash bet you place at theScore Bet loses, you’ll receive a free bet equal to the amount of your losing bet, up to $500. The maximum odds for free bets at theScore Bet are +300, and you receive only the winnings from any free bet. Free bets expire seven days after reaching your account.
Overall, these are solid welcome bonuses. The main drawbacks that we’d like to see improved are the high playthrough requirement on the deposit matching bonus and the odds requirement on the free bet.
Can I trust theScore Bet Sportsbook?
Yes, theScore Bet is a trustworthy sportsbook. The Illinois Gaming Board must grant it a sports betting license to offer sports betting in Illinois. Before debuting in the Prairie State, theScore Bet had already launched its online sportsbook in Colorado, Iowa, Indiana and New Jersey.
When it comes to betting at a legal Illinois sportsbook like theScore Bet, here are some of the main regulations to be aware of:
- You must be at least 21 years old and within Illinois state lines to place any bets.
- You cannot bet on games involving college teams from Illinois at any licensed sportsbook in the state.
Getting started at theScore Bet sports betting in Illinois
With online registration back in Illinois, you can simply download the app once available and provide the below information. Then, you will be ready to bet.
- Home address
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
How do I download theScore Bet Sportsbook app?
You’ll need to know how to download theScore Bet app, as the sportsbook does not have a website where you can bet. Instead, all your wagering, deposits and withdrawals will be on the iOS or Android app.
- How to download theScore’s iOS app: You need to head to theScore Bet’s website and select the download link. The Apple App Store will open, and you need to tap “Get” to install the app.
- How to download theScore’s Android app: Same as above, but this time select the Android link to download the app from the Google Play Store. When the Play Store opens, click “Install.”
Where do I find theScore’s promotions?
To find the promotions at theScore, open the app and do one of two things: Click on your account in the upper right corner and select “Promos” or see the big “Promos” header in the middle of the screen along with a smaller “See All Promos” button that you’ll click.
TheScore’s promotion page shows you all the ongoing bonus offers, though some of them might not be available to you when you’re an existing user.
For example, at the start of the 2021 NFL season, theScore Bet had a special offer for new users: You could receive four $100 free bets just for betting $1 or more on an NFL or college football game.
While theScore Bet will have similar offers from time to time, most of the promotions are available for new and existing users alike.
Most of the promos are sport-specific offers. But you also will find many daily odds boosts that you can access from the promotions page. Just be sure to check back often, so you do not miss any worthwhile bonuses.
Why should I choose theScore Sportsbook app?
Here are some of theScore Bet’s main strong points that stood out during our review:
- Welcome Bonus: Deciding whether a deposit match is better than a risk-free bet can be challenging. At theScore, however, you don’t have to worry about choosing since you can get both.
- Multi-App Mashup: If you use theScore’s sports news app, you’ll be pleased to learn that it combines with theScore Bet to make betting even better. You can go back and forth between the apps to check on games and then place bets with a single click.
- Variety of Odds Boosts: While getting to each day’s odds boosts at theScore Bet isn’t the quickest thing in the world, the results when you get there definitely are worth it. Some sportsbooks may offer five boosts a day or fewer. TheScore Bet tends to offer that many or more for each major sport in action.
What won’t I like about theScore Bet Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the downsides to be aware of if you’re thinking about signing up:
- No Website: We get it; many of us are on our phones all day. However, only being able to bet from an app leaves something to be desired. Having the option to also bet from a website would be nice.
- No Same-Game Parlays: This means you won’t be able to bet on the Chicago Bears to win, Justin Fields to throw a touchdown and Allen Robinson to finish with more than 94.5 receiving yards in the same game, for instance.
- Lack of promos: The welcome bonus and odds boosts at theScore Bet are great. However, there’s not much else when it comes to promos. A parlay booster would be a great overall addition — either that or a rewards club.
What kind of bets can I make at theScore Bet online betting?
Here are all the standard bets you can place at theScore, along with an example game listing to help explain things:
|Chicago Bears||-4.0 (-110)||Over 50 (-110)||-180|
|Green Bay Packers||+4.0 (-110)||Under 50 (-110)||+160|
- Moneylines: Place a moneyline bet on one team or the other to win the game. Here, the Bears are favored over the Packers. This is evident because Chicago’s moneyline is a negative number. The -180 moneyline means you’d win $100 on a successful bet of $180 on Chicago. The +160 moneyline says that you’d win $160 if you bet $100 on the Packers and were correct.
- Spreads: When it comes to betting against the spread, you must factor in what the margin of victory or defeat will be. The Bears are four-point favorites, so they would need to win by four or more for a spread bet on them to win. If you instead bet on the Packers, they would need to avoid losing by more than four points.
- Totals: For totals, aka over/unders, you’re betting on the combined total points in the game. For instance, you could bet on the Bears and Packers to combine to score either over or under 50 points. It doesn’t matter which team wins.
- Props: TheScore Bet offers an abundance of props. These are bets on whether specific events will or will not take place. For instance, over/under bets on a player’s rushing, passing or receiving yards are popular prop bets.
- Futures: These are ongoing bets that will last the entire season. Betting on the Bears to lift the Vince Lombardi Trophy or win over 9.5 games are examples of futures bets.
- Parlays: Combine multiple individual bets for a shot at a greatly increased potential payout. If you miss any of your picks, though, you win nothing.
- Teasers: These bets are like parlays in that you will combine multiple bets. However, with teasers, you can move the line for each game in your favor, though this will also affect the odds you receive.
- Round Robins: Similar to parlays and teasers, except in this instance, you can still win some money if you don’t get all of your picks correct.
- Live Betting: You can place bets on ongoing games. At theScore Bet, you’ll see a tab at the bottom of the app labeled “Live.” Clicking here shows all the available live wagers. You’ll notice frequent changes to the odds and lines. These changes depend on the game and what the oddsmakers expect to happen. Live betting options vary by sport, but for some games, you will be able to bet on what you think will happen on the next play or next at-bat, for instance.
Can I bet on the Bulls at theScore Bet Sportsbook?
Yes, theScore Bet will offer a variety of wagers on the Chicago Bulls and the rest of the NBA. In addition to all the bets we discussed above, here are some additional options you may come across for basketball betting:
- Race to X: Bet on which team will reach a specific point total first. These bets can be fun and allow you to know whether you’ve won relatively early in the game.
- First basket: You have two choices: You can bet on which team will score first, or you can bet on a specific player to sink the first basket.
- Futures: NBA futures options are plentiful at theScore. To start with, you can bet on the eventual NBA champion. But you’ll also find markets for conference winners, division winners and for players to win the top individual awards.
How do I get money on (and off!) theScore online sportsbook quickly?
Here are your current banking options at theScore Bet in Illinois, along with making in-person deposits and withdrawals at Harrah’s Joliet Casino.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Instant Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
|theScore Play+ Card||$10||Instant|
|Visa or Mastercard|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Instant Bank Transfer||$10||1-3 Days|
|Debit Card||$10||1-3 Days|
|theScore Play+ Card||$10||1-3 Days|
How do I get help at theScore Bet Sportsbook?
To get help at theScore, start by logging into the app. Next, click on your initials in the upper right corner of the screen. Near the bottom of the list of options, you’ll want to click “Help.” Doing so opens another page with a “Contact Support” option.
From there, you can chat online with a live customer service rep 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You also can call 855-550-1238 or email [email protected]. TheScore Bet also has an FAQ page that you can search through.
How do I exclude myself from theScore Bet?
Start by signing into your account. Then click your initials in the upper right corner of the app and follow that up by selecting “Responsible Gaming.”
On theScore’s responsible gambling page, you can choose “Cool Off” or “Self Exclusion.” Both of these options allow you to close your account for a period of time. The cool-off choice is shorter, while self-exclusion allows closures of up to multiple years.
Instead of closing your account, another option is to set limits for how much money you can deposit and/or wager. Or for the time you can spend on the app each day.
Can I bet at theScore Bet Sportsbook in person?
No, theScore Bet does not have a retail sportsbook in Illinois at this time. For banking, however, you can head to Harrah’s Joliet Casino to make in-person deposits and withdrawals. You may want to contact the casino before going to check what you’ll need to bring.
- Address: 151 N. Joliet St., Joliet, IL 60432
- Phone: 815-740-7800
How does theScore Bet compare to other Illinois sportsbooks?
Here is how theScore Bet compares to some other popular Illinois sportsbooks in some key areas:
- TheScore Bet vs. BetRivers: TheScore Bet has the better welcome bonus since BetRivers only offers a $250 deposit match. While BetRivers Sportsbook provides a website and an app, we’re not huge fans of the BetRivers website, so that’s a wash. After you sign up, though, the promotions at BetRivers are more rewarding than those at theScore.
- TheScore Bet vs. PointsBet: PointsBet offers potentially a larger welcome bonus, with two risk-free bets for up to $2,000. The promos at PointsBet Sportsbook going forward are just as good. And we like the PointsBet app and website more than theScore’s offerings at the moment.
- TheScore Bet vs. FanDuel: FanDuel starts its users out with a risk-free bet for up to $1,000, but instead of a free bet if your wager loses, you’ll receive site credits, which you can wager like cash. FanDuel Sportsbook offers a plethora of betting options, including same-game parlays and great promotions.
- TheScore Bet vs. DraftKings: DraftKings’ welcome bonus will match your first deposit at a rate of 20% with a 25x playthrough requirement. We prefer theScore’s here. However, pretty much everything else DraftKings Sportsbook does has the Midas touch. You’ll find stellar promotions, great wagering options and fast customer service.
TheScore Bet FAQ
What is theScore Bet’s bonus code?
You don’t need one. Just sign up at the sportsbook to claim the deposit match and risk-free first bet.
Do I have to download theScore Bet sportsbook app to bet there?
Yes, right now, theScore Bet does not have a sportsbook website; just an app. However, the app is free and easy to download.
How do I get paid if I win at theScore Bet?
You can cash out your winnings using either an instant bank transfer, a debit card or theScore Bet’s Play+ debit card. The minimum withdrawal amount is $10 for any of those options, and the processing time takes between one and three days.
What is the minimum deposit at theScore Bet?
The minimum allowed deposit at theScore Bet is $10. Just like with withdrawals, theScore Bet does not charge fees for making deposits.
Can I bet on the Northwestern Wildcats at theScore Bet Sportsbook?
At the moment, no, you cannot bet on Northwestern or any other Illinois-based college team at theScore Bet or any other legal sportsbook in the state. You can bet on games involving other college teams, however.
Can I use theScore Bet if I’m not in Illinois?
At this time, theScore Bet is also legal in Colorado, Iowa, Indiana and New Jersey. So, you will be able to bet at theScore Bet if you are in one of those states.